• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fordyce weekend of 9/17 ?

blondejoncherokee

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Anyone down? Just a feeler thread. Would be fun. Pending flows of course. If flows are crazy all bets are off.

Who is interested. I am thinking go up thursday night and wheel into driveline hill or eagle lakes ? Then get as far as we can sat? and try to come out meadow on sunday ?

or just camp at meadow thursday night and wheel from meadow out to eagle ?

Or should we go in earlier sunday ?

I still want to do Fordyce so I'm game...as long as the flows are such that there's a good chance I won't flood the cab on 35's. Currently looks really low, but I've never been. Hopefully they're still working on the dam so flows will remain low? Anyone know what the flow forecast is for rest of this year?

So while they work on the dam it's high. They bring it down for holiday weekend though. Might double check when sierratrek is also

Maybe, if it is dry but not smoky!

I would have to do in and out, or maybe do in Eagle Lakes, out Committee, down Signal Peak.

I'm interested, but for a Fordyce newb, how much flow would start to crest the hood of an xj on 33s?

Jon, not sure you remember my brother Spencer and I from the Dusy, my rig is low what do you think?

Yeah i remember you guys from the dusy. Water might be too high. Lets have alan post up on here and see. Id say if it dropped down well below 100 maybe 30-50 cfms might be do able on a super low rig on 33s? I remember when it was like 30cfms years back the crossings where way over my 37s on 5.5” lift up to my door sills basically. I wasnt running doors and it didnt get in.

I'm interested, but for a Fordyce newb, how much flow would start to crest the hood of an xj on 33s?

Jon, not sure you remember my brother Spencer and I from the Dusy, my rig is low what do you think?

I made it to the valley just before winch hill 0.5 last May. It was a muddy mess and built rigs were turning around. Broke my lunchbox locker so getting UP from the river crossing sucked ass. You’ll be fine. I have the same setup. Water definitely gets high for being on 33s but I didn’t have any come in the cab.

I made it to the valley just before winch hill 0.5 last May. It was a muddy mess and built rigs were turning around. Broke my lunchbox locker so getting UP from the river crossing sucked ass. You’ll be fine. I have the same setup. Water definitely gets high for being on 33s but I didn’t have any come in the cab.

I started from the Highway, went around driveline and never got to committee.

I think having only 33" tires is would make getting through the whole trail pretty difficult is the whole trail pretty difficult.. I would say a flow up to about 150cfm would be ok though

35s and lockers, if you have a dana 30 bring lots of spare parts. Still bring spares regardless. No junk .

Who is down? Assuming flows remain low.

yeah at 250 we don't want to cross the water crossings.

Could maybe go into meadow but it wouldn't be worth it for the so cal guys, they should go eagle thru meadow all the way through.

They might close all the damn forests with all these fires.

I'm in.

So we should play this by ear, they are talking about closing down all the forests now. Sucks.
I hope they dont.

Back