• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99 to 98 steering wheel swap

Spawn 93

NAXJA Forum User
My 98 was wrecked at some point in the past. It has a funky Grant steering wheel on it. I have a 99 parts Jeep with cruise. Will it work on the 98? I've read conflicting threads on this subject. I may have even asked this before, but my memory sucks.
TIA

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Steering wheel and airbag, yes. Cruise control switches, probably not.

97-98 vs. 99-01, switch resistances changed. 97-98 cruise switch panels have an identical part number to 99-01 EXCEPT for the alphabetical revision code at the end. If your switches have a revision code of AA, AB, or AC they are 97-98 switches. 99-01 switches have revision codes of AD or later.

97-98 part numbers are 5600 7530AC and 5600 7531AC (right and left.)

99-01 part numbers are 5600 7530AD and 5600 7531AD.

Can the switches themselves be replaced? I've owned various XJ's for 15 years and have never had the privilege of needing to remove or replace a steering wheel.

Just read it again, I assume the part numbers are there BECAUSE they are replaceable...........

The switch assemblies are simple to swap, one screw and one wire plug.

Back