• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Time to say goodbye

Capt. Nemo

NAXJA Member #904
It was made official on Thursday that our family will be moving down to the Phoenix, AZ area. I start the new job on March 10th.

I can't say enough about the people I've met through the Sierra Chapter, and only hope that the AZ Chapter has the same class and generosity as the people here. I'll miss having regular access to the Sierra trails and some of the most beautiful wheeling spots in the world. I know AZ has some good trails, but there's just something about the Sierras that can't be replicated anywhere else.

Though I sold my old rig, my 2000 XJ is finally paid off, so that's next on the chopping block. I hope to be able to build it to the same caliber as the old one, but we'll see how time and money permits... I'll have to make it a point to make a trip back up once it's up to the task.

Best of luck in Arizona. That area has the prettiest desert anywhere I've seen, not like the Sierras, but very nice in it's own way. At least there's lot's and lot's of good wheeling in that area.

:cheers:

Best of luck to you Eric. I hope you and your family are happy there. Enjoy the wheeling, I know I really want to head down there and check the area out one of these days. :kissyou:

Thanks for all of the good wishes... it's kind of surreal right now, but as we start packing the reality is setting in and I'm really looking forward to discovering a new area.

Good luck there.

Good luck to you and your family, Eric.

I hope to get out that way and hit some trails this year or next, so get your junk done!

Back