• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what did you break

just get rid of the vac disconect swap in a non disco axlesaft and be done with it and it will be stronger too. just search for it it has been covered a bunch of times and thanks for letting me ride with you on saturday

i backed into a tree on sunday and didnt realize that i cracked my tailgate up pretty bad on the inside. of course the vac problem is mine and now my axles seem to be wrapping badly. plus i think i killed my shocks when I almost rolled it.

LOL... nah, its just broken in now... Nothing like a good wheeling trip to break in new springs/suspension. It probably rides better now.:D:D

LOL... nah, its just broken in now... Nothing like a good wheeling trip to break in new springs/suspension. It probably rides better now.:D:D

I complained that my RE setup rode like rented donkey for the first month, then I drove around, lost in DC for a few hours on some of the worst roads I'd ever seen and it rode great afterwards! Just gotta shake it into submission.

Skorpyo

Not exactly a RC issue, but it was starting to act up there. I just changed the starter, in the Wawa parking lot... in the rain. Fun stuff. Old_Whitey88 took my rig to work today and called me at 7:30 am to tell me it's dead. Damn things are getting pricey, $180 for a reman.

thats sucks dude if it makes you feel better all the oil leaks are gone on R.I.T.A

Just had to replace the water pump, the damn thing started making all kinds of noise riding all day and right as I was pulling back to the driveway, check engine came on and it and the t-stat were done.

I trashed a front axle

This pic was taken just seconds before he broke the axle.

35s + locker + stock D30 shafts + skinny pedal = SAAAAANAP!!

It was the first time I witnessed an axle snap .... I thought it was pretty darn cool:thumbup:

IMG_2025.JPG

My humble list includes the torn-out shock mount, some more lovely crunches to the rocker panels, a 1/2 torn valvestem that magically held air until you touched it (drove on it for a week after I got home til I found it), more rock rash on the wheels, a couple new side dents, a cracked winch motor case, and both driveshafts lathe-cut and officially bent...
I cant wait to go back.
Rich
Friend of Matt #3

blew my t-case output seal again:smsoap:. had sombody tell me in trafic my jeep was on fire pulled over it's all the ATF in the t-case going right on the cat and smoking :greensmok.well it's fixed and i can move on with my life again or until i break it again

i suffered a 3" crack in my transmission at some point. No clue where or how

Yikes, that happened to me in Moab back in 2001... it turned out the bellhousing on the XJ was already stress cracked, and bouncing off of Dump Bump did it in. Bellhousing came out in 5 pieces.

i just lost the axle seal on the dana 30. can anybody tell me why my jeep hates seals

i just lost the axle seal on the dana 30. can anybody tell me why my jeep hates seals

Maybe because you like mud?

If you're talking about the tube seals in by the pumpkin, probably your tubes are all full of junk (the OEM dust caps are powerless to stop this).

Maybe time for some Superior outer seals?

Maybe time for some Superior outer seals?

yea i have been looking at theen for awhile. but im not woried about it just gonna add oil when needed all my issues will be taken care of when i regear the d44 and d30. and hopfully have a locker in the 44 by nac fest 2010

Back