• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Official Who's Comming thread.

Scott Mac

NAXJA Member #10
NAXJA Member
Please reply letting us know when you are arriving, where you are staying (camp or hotel) and what trails you plan on running.

Thanks you, see ya there.

We are coming to Winterfest

Hello we are coming. We got hotel reservations today at the historic attica hotel, we will be coming in friday night and wheeling sat and a 1/2 day sunday. I have a pretty built cherokee so I hope to run some harder trails.
Thanks Aaron

I'm planning on arriving either late Thursday night or early Friday - depending on when I can get away from work on Thursday. I'll be camping, though exactly where remains unclear - still need more info and the what's allowed where and who else is gonna be there type details.
As far as trails - this'll be my first trip to Attica so I only know what I've seen here and on the Badlands' site. The trails I've heard about here are green (more for stock rigs), orange (tight winding up and down), and pink (harder than the other two). I've been wheeling for years, but am new to doing it in a lifted rig. I'm at 4.5", running 33 x 10.5 BFG KMs, locked rear, with t-case and rocker protection. So my thinking is I'll start out moderate and work up as my comfort level allows.
Are there other trails? More descriptions would be appreciated!

will be there thursday night, staying in a hotel,wheeling friday, sat. maybe sun. As long as my heep doesn't fall apart between now and then.hopefully Dan and Wes will be rolling with me.

[quote:3960089d18="Fore Wheeler"]Well, me, but you knew that.

That is if my POS Jeep is done.[/quote:3960089d18]

and I'll be arriving Thurs night late, wheel fri, sat and maybe sunday

If I'm driving 11 hours I want to run the most extreme trails offered and either make it or break it.I'm running a hp44 arb,warn shaft,ctms and a 9" detriot, 514 gears and 38's.

Well, I am planning on coming, but due to time constraints and finances, I will only be allowed to come in early Saturday morning, and just wheel Saturday, all day.

I am basically in the same boat as ArmStrong, as I have never been to Attica before, and I have several modifications that will be getting their first real test that weekend. So, I am not planning anything too extreme to start out, but am pretty open to do whatever. Peer pressure is a b!tch

Also, I will probably be bringing my brother with his YJ, and maybe even another person with a Bronco. They haven't decided what they are doing yet, or if they will even go with the group. They may just play in the quarry on their own.

[quote:771ac95e46="TRL WGN 1"]I will only be allowed to come in early Saturday morning, and just wheel Saturday, all day.

So, I am not planning anything too extreme to start out, but am pretty open to do whatever. Peer pressure is a b!tch

[/quote:771ac95e46]

Well, my advice to you is to leave your panties at home, stay longer, ride hard and create more body damage so you'll forever remember the first time you wheeled the Badlands. You'll have a good time and beable to run most everything there, prob not the big rock piles but you'll do okay even on pink, depending on how much snow there is, but that's gonna limit all of us if there's a bunch.

This will be my second Winterfest and third time at Attica.
I will definatly be there at 9 am on Sat. Sunday? Don't know yet.
Trails? Don't know yet. I haven't wheeled with the new lift and meats.
Also have some things to do before hand, so why am I sitting inside typing to you guys? Better get busy.
I'll run green and orange depending on the changes. I've ran pink with you guys, but didn't feel all that good doing it in a otherwise, stock XJ.

See ya there!

Scooter
'88 Wagoneer

I'll be there on Thursaday or Friday. If I make it there on Thursday night, I'll wheel friday, Saturday, probably not sunday. I will be camping, Run whatever trails. Green, Orange, Pink...whatever. I am flexible. I am gonna bring the Rev John, so be warned.

Gene MJ and I will hopefully be rolling in Friday night. Should be 3-4 jeeps in our group. We're definitely camping, not sure where though yet. We should be running green, orange, pink, whatever works. Last year was our first Winterfest, see you all there...

Pat

well, I will be leaving my panties at home, but I can't speak for my girlfriend. :lol:

Don't think I will be able to make it for longer though. I will have to work Friday, because we have an election coming up at the end of February, and I will be lucky to not have to work on Saturday, and I have to be back Sunday for my grandfather's 80th birthday party.

Doubtful, since I would have to leave at about 6 am to get back in time to get ready and go to the party. Will have to just get as much fun in on Saturday as possible. Might not be able to enjoy the beer, but may be able to have one with you.

BTW, you don't owe me anything. I just had to give you a hard time about that :lol:

I've kinda new to the game but would like to attend. I've got a somewhat stock XJ and was thinking of running green-never been to the Badlands- and possibly riding w/someone on pink/org. if there was an invite. Other than that, what time does everyone meet up, where, and anything else I'm missing?

[quote:818cf40a17="ranger518vx"]I've kinda new to the game but would like to attend. I've got a somewhat stock XJ and was thinking of running green-never been to the Badlands- and possibly riding w/someone on pink/org. if there was an invite. Other than that, what time does everyone meet up, where, and anything else I'm missing?[/quote:818cf40a17]

I assume that we'll be meeting at the ramp at the badlands when the gate opens at 9AM. I'm sure that someone will have a seat for the other trails if you want to hop in. What time is Attica on now? Central or Eastern. I can never remember.

whoa man!

scott, you scared me....

I thought it said

"who's coming out? thread"

but then I remembered.....didn't you already do that last year?

I thought so.

should be there, and I'll be sleeping whereever I drop, no matter what the temperature is.

I should be at the end of the beer trail at the end of each day, and the beginning of each morning.

If I'm not at the ramp by 9am, leave without me, I'll find it...........

Back