• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Blower motor problem.... and I searched

Cherikon

NAXJA Forum User
1995 XJ Sport 4.0 AW4 NP231

I recently replaced the following components with respect to the HVAC system:

Blower Motor
Blower Motor Resistor
Blower Motor Relay
Blower Motor Fuse
Blower Motor Control Switch

I even tested the voltage from the blower motor plug with power in Jeep on, A/C on Max and blower fan setting on high, med, low--- shows correct voltage at each setting.

My jeep runs great otherwise, I just don't have any air blowing through the vents on any setting.

I rewired the blower motor switch connections as it was fried from being the original unit.

I don't know where the blower motor grounds out and I do have the FSM and have read through it extensively, even the wiring diagrams.

I am stumped and turning to you NAXJA, to save me. I'm not blowing any fuses and again, everything else in the Jeep works perfectly.

Any assistance is appreciated. I read through the 30 or so pages of results I searched for concerning this and closely related issues, checked everything you lovely folks mentioned to check, but still have no luck getting the fan to blow.

The vacuum motors appear to be working correctly as the blend doors open and close when I disconnect the hose and re-connect it. The A/C lines get super cold and the heater lines get super hot, just no air flow at all through the vents/defrost vent.

Last edited:
So it sounds like the fan (blower motor) is not running at any setting regardless? Or is it running but you're not getting any air? If the voltage to the fan is good, either the fan will run or the fan is bad. Did you try to remove the blower and power it up on a bench to see if the fan is good?

I figured out what the problem was......traced the grounds bank to the ECM and cleaned them up. Now everything works like a charm.

Thanks for the help, especially to Mike Rollins.

Back