• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AW4 solenoids...

WobblesXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody know of a place I can get these besides the dealer? Also about how much do they run. I traced my transmission problem down to the #2 solenoid. Gonna take it apart this weekend and see if it's the solenoid or the wiring. Just want a heads up on the part first. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Wobbles

Check a local trans shop that deal with toyota's as some models run the AW4.

I got mine that way and for about $30.

The dealer wanted aomewhere around $300 for the set. WOW!

Mike

I seriuosly doubt any issue with the wire unless something acted on it. It is most likly the solenoid is open or shorted. Check with an ohm meter.

Yeah it reads open at the TCU (with it unplugged of course) That's why I figure it's either open solenoid or broken wire somewhere. (hoping on the broken wire! *crossing fingers*)

MK96XJ said:
Check a local trans shop that deal with toyota's as some models run the AW4.

I got mine that way and for about $30.

The dealer wanted aomewhere around $300 for the set. WOW!

Mike

I seriuosly doubt any issue with the wire unless something acted on it. It is most likly the solenoid is open or shorted. Check with an ohm meter.

$30.00 per working solonoid :clap: you can't beat it. The stealer ship in Miami wanted $210 per solonoid. Not tomention the fact that I drove the XJ for near 6 months shifting it through 1, 2 and 3 including wheeling it on three occasions. I bought this set MS-A340E from Mako DIST for $146.86 + shipping. www.bulkpart.com The AW4 isused on several Toyotas including Supras and Lexus.

Back