• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

battery?

DARKFLY

NAXJA Forum User
what cold and normal cranking amp are you guys running? it's getting cold and showing when you start it up.

My OEM 98 battery was IIRC cca 450, my new red top is cca 650 and does spin it over with a mite more gusto than the 5 year old OEM one. Which was probably going anyway. The red top is nice so far.

My two-year-old Red top still cranks like a beast - even after having had to sit for four months, and I've even left my lights on all day once or twice (had to jump, but charged well...)

The only disadvantage I've seen to the Red top is that it takes longer to get a "surface charge" from booster cables than a regular battery - probably due to the greater power density. It's kind of like filling a swimming pool with a coffee cup...

5-90

I believe 550 cca is the minimum...however my Jeep came from the factory with a 500 cca battery!!

Oh well, I just got a 580 cca and it's working great again!

Back