• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Getting ready to order floor pan got a couple of questions

country2

NAXJA Forum User
From what I have read seems for fit and quality Raybucks is who I want to purchase from but has anyone purchased from FixMyRust (aka The Lake Erie Trading Post)per pics its the same as Raybucks and way cheaper since free shipping. Seems for price and good quality metal but questionable fit is the C2C Fabrication ones which per pics has no drain holes so wont have to worry about plugs. Which should I go for as I will be welding?

If I go with the Raybucks or even FixMyRust ones what is everyone using to plug on the drain holes? I will put carpet back...eventually. Thanks!

I put a RayBuck floor pan in my 1998. It fit very well. I used and recommend using UniBody Panel Adhesive instead of welding. Welding takes too long, and you risk blowing holes everywhere. Two round metal disks, some sealant or adhesive, and a rivet solves the floor drain hole plug issue.

No, just grind it smooth and remove the rust. If using panel bond (3M 07333) as I did make sure the rails, stock floor and new floor pan are free of paint, clean with degreaser and apply adhesive to both meeting surfaces. I used self taping screws to mount to the rails and rivets to the floor metal and pan. Then sealedrivets, top and bottom seams with Silaprene, factory seam sealer. Solid as a rock and waterproof with no welding. I have, and use a welder, but the floor metal is just to thin for a good weld seal, then you have to seal the welds anyway to keep it from leaking.

I did use Raybuck pans and quarter panel and the fit was perfect. I'd say well worth the extra money if you're going through the trouble to fix it, fix it right the first time.

I did use Raybuck pans and quarter panel and the fit was perfect. I'd say well worth the extra money if you're going through the trouble to fix it, fix it right the first time.

I bought all 4 pans from fixmyrust same pans that Raybucks sells just cheaper price and free shipping. Also bought both front seats cross members from hawley performance $85 for the pair. Got just about everything cut out including some rust holes along the door sill. Hey did you install plugs for the drain holes or close them up permanently?

Back