• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aux Fan for '98

bjoehandley

NAXJA Forum User
Got a new problem that has come up now, looks like the aux fan isn't working and while I yet to run juice through it to make sure it's working, I am curious if it can just be wired in to start turning as soon as the key is in the on position or a toggle so I can flip it on at my will. I did find that there is a relay on the computer that is about $40, but I can't tell if it's just that relay or if there are wires and plugs included with the relay that I may or may not need to use to fix things.

You can read the circuit diagram on the relay then test the slot with a test light to establish the presence of power and ground. You can also use said diagram to indicate where to plug in a jumper to test the fan.

There's also the possibility that going around the original fan control system on a 98 could set a code, but I'm not too sharp on 97-01.

While at the dealer to get an oil change done on the 200 I daily saturday, I picked up the relay that I found could be related to the fan not working. Still want to just jump straight to the battery to test it out before installing the relay.............just in case.

Back