• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

If the fuel pump doesn't work, fill the carburetor fuel bowl through the vent.

If the fuel pump does work, check the oil after running the engine. I've had a few that pumped just well enough to fill the crankcase.

Last edited:

Hope this is not a future view of a header valve issues...I had my caliper sitting on top of my knuckle it slipped off and the hose nabbed the valve stem and snapped it clean off. This is a rubber brake line and the brake hit the ground so it's not much more trauma than a stick or other small debris hitting this ...lol...obviously I'll be carrying spare valves along with my nitrogen tank ,but damn that didn't take much to break . Going to have see if I can fit something around the foot to help minimize this chance on trail .

Where is a good place to get a 60 cylinder for C25? Or is everywhere kinda the same?

An q is an 80 they were all about the same ...not sure what a 60 is but all the places price about equal. Better to go as big as you can because refills will be less often and a fill for smaller tank is about same as larger .

IMG_20180817_31985.jpg

IMG_20180817_7665.jpg

I recall sonnys ram mount on the Yellow xj at one of the set them free events with Toby from Rock rash fabrication welding it back on at carnage...We will not be having that failure ...lol

One thing that is nice about struts vs coilover is the ability to bump them to full extension for working under the Jeep with no more effort than opening a valve .

I used general air down here. It was about $200 for fill plus tank for 75/25 ar/co2. Can't remember tank size but it's about 3ft tall. I think fills are in the $40-50 range but it lasts me quite a while.

That's not too bad, airgas up here was asking under 300 for just the tank, eeek. I'll keep looking around, I know this stuff isn't cheap, but that took me buy surprise. I think I may have asked about a 125 cubic tank.

$200 is,cheap ...most places sell you a lease on the bottle and you exchange for a full each visit. A Q 80cf bottle was a out $275 at us welding now rocky mountain air solutions. The question is do you have a general air close enough to bother with saving $25 ish to bother

2-3 locations from foco- greeley-boulder all plenty close. as trippled said, if they are priced with gas in a canister of that size for 200$, theyll have my business. Ill have to wait until Monday to see.

Anyone run aluminum links ? I have huge 2.5 tube for my radius arm lowers up front I would try aluminum there but it's not really an option with radius arm design since it's not just a stick with threads tapped at each end ...however the rear needs a lower link upgrade to 2.5 diameter and bigger thru bolts than 9/16th so I'm looking at 2.5 7075t6 lowers...is there any reason to skip aluminum links that I'm not seeing from my reading ?

With what you run now, I see no issues. Guys that are beating the links on stuff pretty good are replacing them more often. But shouldn’t be issue.

Figured they were good to go ...Replacing all the Johnny joint lowers since they only have 9/16th thru bolts and now that I have more to lose from bolt failure than a $40 procomp shock I felt the need to jump up to 3/4 thru bolts on lowers . The ballistic rod ends have 64 degrees of misalignment with a 3/4 thru bolt 74 with the 9/16th and all still use the 2-5/8 mounting with of the 2.5 Johnny joint so my mounts just need drilled to 3/4 . I'll keep the old 2.5 Johnnys for my future front triangulated links .

I've been eyeing the wide open design aluminum links.price doesnt seem too bad. Seems like all the rock bouncer guys run them with good results. I highly doubt my Jeep will ever see that kind of abuse.

Summit machine links and joints.

Keep them in mind for the links ...but already have ordered 6 Forged ballistic joints in 3/4 thru bolt . I still need to find a builder barrel style weld on joint for the axle end of the front arms that use big thru bolts and still work in a 2-5/8 mount width ...ballistic makes them but sold out I did spot synergy making a joint similar to a metal cloak and using the 2-5/8 width the thru bolt was 18 mm so real close to 3/4 and big improvement over 9/16 it was circa dodge ram applications but would easily swap out my 2.5 clevite with no work besides swapping them out.

According to on line weight chart 7075 aluminum at 2.5 inch diameter solid weights 5.41 lbs per foot...2x2 square 1/4 wall steel is 6.41 per foot and 2.5 square at 1/4 wall is 7.11 per foot...the more typical 2 inch size is 3.84 lbs per foot. After researching this I don't think I see a great deal of weight savings or especially strength overall in using an aluminium solid bar stock for a link ...it would be if we were starting with a tube buggy using all light weight stuff from get go , but on a full bodies xj on tons...lol...it's just a waste of money . My rear links are about 40 inches long using 2.5 diameter material I save 1.7 lbs per foot which is only about 6.0 lbs . If we compare 2 inch diameter material I save about 2.6 lbs per foot which is just a bit over 8lbs per arm . While aluminum is blingy 2.5 1/4 wall tube is about $6.50 per foot ...lol...I can build a set of lower links reusing my current link ends for about $22 per lower arm VS $ 220 , and I can beat the crap out of them knowing they only cost about $20 to replace .

Call or email summit machine, she will make what you need.

With all the work I'm doing right now, I'm thinking about stretching the front a couple inches.

In which case, I'll be hitting Julene back up about getting some snazzy AL links done.

They are more expensive than DOM yes, but by the time I deal with bungs, cutting the links, maybe needing to run a tap through the bungs, etc...having the AL links is well worth it.

Back