• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring suggestions

CastorTroy

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for recommendations for my XJ. It's currently got 2" spacers in front, and unknown springs in back. I'm happy with the amount of lift in front currently, but I do plan on going another inch or two higher down the road.

My current rear springs are sagging really badly, and I'd like to replace them and get rid of my reverse rake. Quadratec has both the Crown and the Omix-Ada HD springs on sale.

My thinking is to get a set of HD springs(any preference between the crown and omixada?), and then down the road add a shackle relocation kit, lift shackles if necessary, and hopefully 3.3.5" lift springs up front to even it out when budget allows for upgraded steering/track bar components. Am I on the right track?

If you plan on a small lift, the cost is not that much more than stock replacement springs.

1997-2001 are more prone to driveline vibrations caused by lift kits, so depending on the model year in question, you might need a Slip Yoke Eliminator for the lift.

If you are on a budget, buy the HD springs and use the old stock springs to donate a few leaves to build your own lifted leaf spring pack.

A 96 with the early or late t-case? Most 96's I've seen are the latter.

Wet slip-yoke w/ a seal or exposed slip-yoke with or without a dust boot.

If you plan on a small lift, the cost is not that much more than stock replacement springs.

1997-2001 are more prone to driveline vibrations caused by lift kits, so depending on the model year in question, you might need a Slip Yoke Eliminator for the lift.

If you are on a budget, buy the HD springs and use the old stock springs to donate a few leaves to build your own lifted leaf spring pack.

I pieced together my own 4" spring kit for my '99/NP242 using ARB springs and a JKS ACOS. The resulting vibes led me to installing an SYE ... it's sitting in my driveway with only a front drive shaft awaiting the install of the new Tom Wood rear drive shaft.

Based on forum recommendations, I've started using Dirk at DPG for his very fair prices and extensive knowledge. He'd be a great resource to help you with selecting springs.

Back