• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NEW Fox 2.0 Shocks Don't Fit

Rohr397

NAXJA Forum User
Well, I just went to install my brand new Fox 2.0 shocks and immediately I noticed that something wasn't right with the lower mount. Sure enough, when I went to line them up, they didn't fit.

The outside diameter of the metal sleeve inside of the bushing is the exact same as the diameter of the stud that it has to slide over. These are definitely XJ specific shocks and they're definitely supposed to fit the 2000 Cherokee, and everything else works fine, but this one bushing is way off.

Now I'm left wondering if I should try to sort it out with Fox, try running them without the metal sleeve, or find some a different bushing... any thoughts?

20180731_104247_zpsqpr2tcwi.jpg

Just remove the bushing !!!

Just remove the bushing !!!

Yep! Yep! Yep!

After market mounts uses bolts so the metal bushings are needed to provide the correct amount of preload on the rubber. The OEM XJ mount have that shoulder that will help to provide the correct preload.

Back