• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rear domelight question

Cgkades

NAXJA Forum User
I can't seem to find the right search terms that will bring up this specific issue. I'm not sure if it's my trim level or what, but I was cursed with having this detachable fiberglass box for the rear speakers and dome light. The dome light is held in place by just a washer. I forget the name but it's one of those one way washers. But the constant vibration is causing it to just fall off. Short of using glue, does anyone know a way to fix this or replace the super long poles and washer setup for this?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The year would help?

Push Nut, Stud Retention.

Buy a fresh push nut, or unthread the post and replace it with some threaded rod and nuts, or a bolt.

Push Nut, Stud Retention.

Buy a fresh push nut, or unthread the post and replace it with some threaded rod and nuts, or a bolt.
I replaced the push nut, with the smallest sold by AutoZone. It looked the same size, so I'm not sure if I just didn't get the right size or what. I can try to find smaller ones but I have no idea where to get something like that or even a long threded rod/ bolt for it. Home Depot doesn't sell any pushnuts (according to their guy in hardware) and I've never seen a bolt that thin and long anywhere before. Any idea on a place that would sell a threded rod or bolt? I'm sure these are stupid questions, but this is my first project car and I'm way out of my element

Sorry, the year is 1997 XJ with Country trim

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

NAPA sells them, but they come in a bag of like 25-50.
That is where I bought mine.

Same push-nut that is used in lots of places on your Cherokee.

Most body shop/paint suppliers have the best selection of hardware.

Dorman has a kit of various size push nuts. Go to the local hardware store, not a home improvement store, and check out the hardware. My local hardware store has everything you can think of. I would suppose you can tap the mounting point for a larger thread size.

Maybe stop by the junkyard and grab a few of those studs that might fit tighter, they just unscrew.

I believe the push nut is 1/8", but that is going from memory, not taking things apart and measuring it.

Back