• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 HP NP242 U-Joint Size

Hotwire

NAXJA Forum User
It is my understanding that the Non-Disco DANA 30 HP XJ's that came with the NP242 used the 5-297 joints.

I am working on an '89 with that setup, and Im about to order up parts from RockAuto.. and I dont want to end up with a return from Canada.

Is the 5-297 the right joint?

Nope, the early axles used the smaller 260 joint!

Oops, missed the Canadian thing! Best bet would be to measure.

1989-95 with ABS have 5-297x u-joints, and all 1995+ have 5-297x u-joints. As suggested, since you cannot be sure what some previous owner or repair shop swapped or installed, you should measure both sides.

1989-95 with ABS have 5-297x u-joints, and all 1995+ have 5-297x u-joints. As suggested, since you cannot be sure what some previous owner or repair shop swapped or installed, you should measure both sides.

Thanks this was my confusion. As I have read all pre 96 XJ that had ABS or 242 had the larger ones.... I will have to measure. Thanks a ton.

Back