• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

$15000.00

taweekly

NAXJA Forum User
What to do to the XJ First? I Just sold a piece of property and I now have $15000.00 to put into my XJ. Any suggestions?

Standard "I have money to spend on my Jeep" answer:

1. Recovery
2. Armor

well first off i would figure out what tire size you are wanting to run, then decide on lift kit of your choice(not recommending any, too many to list, too many points to argue on each kit). after that obviously gears, supporting modifications, and then if you want invest in bumpers, roof racks, rock sliders, and so on so on. you could blow the the 15000 on the jeep.

taweekly said:
What to do to the XJ First? I Just sold a piece of property and I now have $15000.00 to put into my XJ. Any suggestions?

a safe?

:twak:

Titanium exo-cage?

a Viper v-10 powerplant?

Spinnaz?

My advise would not spend a dime until you spent a great deal of time researching :read:. You have taken that first step by posting up on this site. The search button is your friend :compwork:

^x2 Figure out what direction you want to take, and then take it. Just cause you have money to spend doesnt mean spend it on the most expensive stuff. If you want to go for it, I wont judge you, but you could spend less on the Jeep and get the same quality and have money left over for other stuff. But if you already have money left over for other stuff, go all freakin out!

$15K is not really that much to spend. I figure I'll have at least $10K spent on my upgrades, not including any labor or engine work. Built axles, air lockers, wheels, tires, armor, lift, bumpers, and on and on. $15K will be gone before you know it. List your goals and start a spreadsheet of needs and wants and prioritize it. Watch the forum classified and eBay to save money.

Fund your Roth IRA for last year and this year first. Then you will feel good about spending the rest. Start with a welder.

Buy a Dana 30 and Dana 35 with 4.10 gears. 8" standard lift. and some 35's. That MAY push your budget over, but its def. worth it!

1.. cage,cage,cage,cage, 1500
2. decide tire and lift to accomidate them 3000
3. build a set of dana 60's 3500
4. gearing and lockers 1500
5. atlas transfercase 2500
6. build strocker 4.7 out of stock 4 liter. 2000
total 14000
plus drive shafts light and other little extras 1000

total 15000

7. wheel the shit out of it.
8. fix what broke. sell more land and fix it

Last edited: