• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another annoying CA question

SourApple

NAXJA Forum User
hey guys,

with 5 inches of lift, and stock arms, i need to get longer upper and lowers right? but what happens if i just buy the lowers for maybe a month or less than i get the uppers too? thanks

If you do just the lowers, your front pinion angle will be off. You could possibly (anybody?) do the LCAs, and disconnect the front driveshaft for that month. But I'd just wait until you had the UCAs, so you could do it all at one time.

You can get away with it, I did for about a year w/ 5 1/2" and no SYE or T-case drop. My RE suspension didn't include uppers. I finally bought an adjustable upper set, installed them, dialed it in, & never even noticed any difference in ride quality, etc. except for the increased flex. You'll be fine.

when i had short arms, i had just lowers for almost a year before i did the uppers too, that was with about 4" of lift then, i think you could get by for awhile.

Get adjustable uppers and lowers. I started out getting fixed lowers. Then had to get adustable lowers later to push the axle forward a bit. Adustables will allow you to fine-tune as your Jeep changes.

I like RE CAs. Don't know too much about the other brands.

if it was me, i wouldn't even think of buying non-adjustable's.

I have used RE and Rockkrawlers. I like the rockkrawler long arms if you do it. It make it a 4 link and not a 5 work great for me..

Back