• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Actually looking at what was broken I'm going to just order a used steering column since dumb and dumber could not figure out how to start a cherokee without breaking the part the lock cylinder locks into...lol...im not a car thief and even I can start my Jeep without a key and not break anything... A used column is about the same as a new ignition lock cylinder just a bit more time to install ...lol...I could just sell it as is but it's kind of hard to sell a perspective buyer on starting his car with a flat head screw driver .

Well that was a waste of my time dropping my Jeep off at the shop ...lol...I called asked what it would cost to have the ...3...front diff bushings replaced the technician said he'd look up the job and get back with a quote, and he did $350-$400 labor , so with parts about $500-550...now I knew the driver side bushing was bad because I had it on the ramps and had someone else torque the drive train while I looked the front was fair and I never bothered to look at the passenger...lol...guy calls me back says he had it on the lift and all looking good which I knew couldn't be since I watched the driver mount walk around in rotted out hole, So he says he'll check again and now says they are bad ...And so are my control arm bushing , which I knew and plan to replace later, But now he says the diff bushing are $550-600 in labor ...lol...this is a deal breaker for me since the original quote was not off the cuff and for all 3 so no more work than quoted but almost twice the price... So at this point I'm going to just call them and tell them don't bother I'll torture myself flat backing it in my driveway for the cost of new bushings and do the suspension while I have it apart. I
Since the 3 bushings were quoted with research and is the reason it was there I don't really feel I owe a fee for them since if we were scraping a $1000 total cost to start with I would have had it on Jack stands a week ago in my driveway not at their shop...lol...now I know why I have not had a shop work on a vehicle of mine I. 13 years for monkey work .

Was the Vaseline extra too?

On another topic, in your all's back yard, my daughter :eek: managed to replace her first renix heater core valve, Y assy, a tail light housing and brake light bulbs, the HVAC blower resistor assy, the dash gauge assy (adding a tach, pulled from her first jeep...) and changed the plugs and wires with just cell phone, pictures and video as a guide. :clap:

:party: All by her lonesome!!!

Started the removal of the ghetto fabulous paint job ...lol...I found the top to the can of paint they used it was Rustoleum not krylon ( 5 finger discount from Wal-Mart ?). I started with lacquer thinner and a rag it took two cans of thinner to clean the driver fender off ...lol...which considering the fenders are not perfect I Could have just bought new ones painted them and tossed these ,but they did come 100% clean ...the driver door I decided to wet sand the Rustoleum down to just where the darker factory red could just barely be seen then wipe from there I also made use of the 5 year old gas in my old not used generator as I used that instead of more lacquer thinner the bulk of the passenger door took 20 minutes to clean but they must have shot a ton of layers attempting to cover the adhesive they left behind from the cherokee badges they removed and this took awhile to remove without damaging the paint under the crap then I started the driver rear corner fender and hatch with wet sanding the bulk off them , but I don't have any grit lower than 180 and they shot less paint on these sections so I stopped there and went to work on the trail rig for a couple hours and called it a day ...next week I'll have some 1000-2000 to work on the lighter areas when it's all off any mild clear coat scuffs will be made short work of with McGuires heavy compound by hand ...lol...going to park this proudly on display at the yard with a notation mocking the thieves.

All work done outside with no shade from the Sun...lol

Anyone here in the springs get hit with the hail the other night? Reports of 3in dia hail. The guy I work with had his house pummeled by it. Holes thru his roof. His cars are destroyed. Some of his neighbors got hail through their drywall. I got a few small pieces at my house at about 1 am. Solid chunks of ice pretty much.

Damn, I thought hurricanes were bad, no falling jeeps? I hear that happens in Norman OK?

Was the Vaseline extra too?

On another topic, in your all's back yard, my daughter :eek: managed to replace her first renix heater core valve, Y assy, a tail light housing and brake light bulbs, the HVAC blower resistor assy, the dash gauge assy (adding a tach, pulled from her first jeep...) and changed the plugs and wires with just cell phone, pictures and video as a guide. :clap:

:party: All by her lonesome!!!

NO need for lube the Jeep will be coming home I will be ordering new upper and lower arm kits and the bushings . They quoted all 3 bushings at $350-400 then said they found nothing wrong with them I knew that was incorrect and then they said it would now be $550-600 labor for the 3 bushings ... there was no more labor involved since quote was based on doing all 3 , so a 70% price hike and telling me first they were a-ok ...lol...has me taking it home and doing the bushings. And control arms for less than the labor for first quote. Price would be different had it been an off the cuff guess type quote but it was a I'll look it up and call you back quote . I can't afford shops that can't reasonably stick to quote I understand if more work is done raising a bill but can't stand a ever riding rate for no apparent reason.

Anyone here in the springs get hit with the hail the other night? Reports of 3in dia hail. The guy I work with had his house pummeled by it. Holes thru his roof. His cars are destroyed. Some of his neighbors got hail through their drywall. I got a few small pieces at my house at about 1 am. Solid chunks of ice pretty much.

We got hit on Monday up North with some decent stuff. Broomfield was on the tail end so it wasn't too crazy but I have the adjuster coming on Monday to look at 3 of our vehicles. I do not expect anything to be totaled out.

I've got a claim out on my truck from yesterday for the roof and hood at least.

We got golf ball size hail. Was hoping it would skirt us but didn't. My work a couple miles away didn't get hit, neither did Sam (zluster) a few miles away either.

Thankfully I’ve been out from work a couple extra days for some medical stuff, our shop and place I rent in Brighton have been getting pummeled.

Now that the Jeep is not a sitting duck no one is bitingthe hook ... lol... The visually obvious stuff probably makes it less tempting like the massive steering wheel boot and locked out foot pedals ...and that's just the stuff you can see so I guess I've made it too hard to take. I'm still hoping for a candidate to try and get past the visual stuff just to turn the key only to find out it needs a lot to go anywhere...because his facial expression will be on camera ...lol

Just a heads up I will be selling the 42 Rockers I realize that's not a commonly used tire size here but they will be sold...lol... and at a loss unfortunately I should have just spent the extra $700 last year and went all out on traps, but it is what it is these are good tires , but I want sticky like the cool kids .

I hate tire shopping...lol... I'm down to what will looked on my Jeep sx or treps... I realize it's how they work that matters but both should be great so it's down to looks. From a looks only point the Boggers are king in 44 but it has to do more than look cool.

So, you fishing with different bait?

So, you fishing with different bait?

Got too many vehicles 3 Jeeps a Dodge Ram and Two trailers ... the extra XJ. has to go. On a side note about a month ago we evidently had a tweeker drive Into the driver parking and go back where my jeep was stolen and have a heart attack The car was left there for a couple weeks . I highly suspect this was part of our parking lot theft issue and at least one expired.

I Will take one final trip to the car wash to wash off the paint haze left from wiping Rustoleum off ...only took about 4 gallons to get this far .

Ahhh I'm bracing myself for the flood if Craig's list callers who huff paint since I just put up the 42s for sale . I set them at $1000 firm, which means I will get the usual flood of folks asking..."what's my bottom dollar" . I feel $1000 for a set of $2300 tires that pretty much new is fair enough and a steal for anyone seriously looking for 42s . These plus the sale of my returned stolen Jeep walks me into new sticky for almost nothing . I am leaning towards 43sx over the treps as it comes down to looks as I think 43sx kook meaner than treps...I could be wrong but I don't have sets of the two to mount on my rig and see , but the sx I think should be the winner and should do very well especially after grooved and siped .

The Colorado BS thread

I found something sad today.
07518ee12bc4c93e1774200cad386318.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got 6 responses to my tires for sale The first was legit ...lol...other 5 , well crack is wack... I have the ad in two spots on Craig's list both state tires like new and clearly say the wheels they are on in the pictures are not included and the price is...firm...so I've received 3 calls asking if the wheels come with the tires , and my reply is sure if you want to buy them . The best reply was some guy asking if e everything mechanically was good in "it" or if he'd need to fix anything , well one pic shows a tire mounted on the Jeep so somehow a person thinks $1000 is not for 42 tires as the ad is titled it rather the entire Jeep...lol... Just f-inh WOW !

Despite having a buyer in the condition it was with the. "Crooks" Clown paint up I have continued to clean it up since I already started it and need to finish just because . The bumpers , dash and some over spray around the dash are all that's left of the clown paint job a couple hours and then the new badges can be put on ... All I can think of with the clown paint job is Mad Tv and the East side locos and how the guy said if you don't prep it's going to look shoddy and the community is going to talk ...lol !

Last edited:
Back