• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Having a baby...!!

IndyXJ

Member #1314
My fiance and I are having a baby in late May!:party:
We're pretty excited and can't wait for our new edition. Came as a big surprise, but we are very happy!
Neither of us have kids, so it will be a learning experience for both of us. We have some awesome family and friends for support.
Got any first baby advice from an XJ'ers perspective?

Yeah sleep as much as you can before the kid shows cuz after that, you arent getting any for awhile... :)

IndyXJ said:
My fiance and I are having a baby in late May!:party:
We're pretty excited and can't wait for our new edition. Came as a big surprise, but we are very happy!
Neither of us have kids, so it will be a learning experience for both of us. We have some awesome family and friends for support.
Got any first baby advice from an XJ'ers perspective?

Congrats! make sure to teach the kid the ways of the XJ

I'm still teaching the fiance the way of the XJ...and sad to report, she doesn't get it...yet, lol! She will this winter... We are casually looking at 08 Libbies or a cherry 01 XJ to replace my cramped DD Cobalt 2 door.

IndyXJ said:
I'm still teaching the fiance the way of the XJ...and sad to report, she doesn't get it...yet, lol! She will this winter... We are casually looking at 08 Libbies or a cherry 01 XJ to replace my cramped DD Cobalt 2 door.

01 XJ easy answer

You will HATE the Libby(unless the redesign changed the rear seats)
Not enough room in either the door, or the seat to fight a car seat in and out on a regular basis.

01 XJ with the 242 is the perfect mommy/baby car in the midwest for the winter.

Buy diapers beforehand. Preferably from a place with a liberal return policy.
That way you never have to go out a 2am to find more.

Craftsman tool bags make awesome manly diaper bags. All of the interior pouches hold more stuff, and last lifetimes longer than any diaper bag marketed. The Jeep brand stuff is pretty good, but it is expensive.

When you are planning interior mods, always put the car seat in, and get mommy to get in the Jeep. That way you can measure everything in a real life perspective. She is going to need to reach back to the kid at some point on the trail. She will whine about having to do it, but just keep telling her you want to make sure everything will be okay with the baby. Make her life easier, yours will be too......

I'm the dad of four, I'm trying to figure out how to squeeze my family of 6 in an XJ for wheeling.

Congrats. It truely is the greatest thing in the world. My wife and I just had our second 2 weeks ago and my 2 year old wants to help dad with his Jeep every day when I get home.

w_howey said:
I'm the dad of four, I'm trying to figure out how to squeeze my family of 6 in an XJ for wheeling.

How about one of those rear facing stationwagon seats? There will be no room in the back for gear but you could put that on the roof. Or put the kids on the roof and the gear in the back, depending on their behavior.

Congrats Bill!

Words of wisdom from an XJer prospective, hmm.......

Buy anything and everything you think that you might need/want concerning an XJ for the next 18 yrs and 9 months....NOW.

:wave1:

Hale

Lol...so I shouldn't of bought my last "selfish" gift of a PS3???!!

Oh, I did get to give the XJ a new cat and muffler(muff needed replaced anyway) after I had my cat stolen in Indy. Does that count as a mod?
Lol, thx guys.

Congradulations from the Stump! Feed the lady health foods.

party1:Congrats!!!! My fiancee and I are expecting our 2nd sometime in the month of June!!! You may not have too many problems with sleep, with my first he slept from 9pm-8am every day for the first year and a half so I lucked out with that part! If you plan on using those binkies or whatever you wanna call it you better get a good 3 dozen of them, you will need them!!!! Tons of bottles, nipples for the bottles, hundreds of thousands of diapers!!!! They make these little fruity puffed rice things in a yellow container my son loved them. Majority of everything is common sense. If you are warm the baby is warm, if your cold the baby is cold....Heres a hint for ya! Buy a baby doll and a baby blanket and practice "swaddling" now cuz it takes a long time to master that!!!! Best of Luck and Congrats again!

Haleyes said:
Buy anything and everything you think that you might need/want concerning an XJ for the next 18 yrs and 9 months....NOW.

Hale

Yup. I bought my TNT setup 4 months before my 2nd was born, and we just installed it last month. Liberty is now 11 months old :D Kiss all of your Jeep money goodbye for a while. I'm still on double secret probation from buying Jeep parts, but I get around it every now and then.

It will be great, (a lot of work) but great. If a couple of 23 year olds with just a little world experience can successfully care for 2 kids (3 in April) anyone can do it :laugh:

Haleyes said:
Congrats Bill!

Words of wisdom from an XJer prospective, hmm.......

:wave1:

Hale

18 yrs and 9 months?? Even when they are out of the house they're still on the payroll.

Congrats. Just enjoy, it goes by quick. Take family vacations annually, becuase when they hit 15 they won't want to go anymore. Lots of movies, read to them daily, even as infants.

Have fun.

Time goes by FAST seems like mine was just arrived ysterday.....But hes 10 mnths old Enjoy it. Oh ya SLEEP its like gold... you wont know what were talking about tell it happens

Back