• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reno Run 2022 May 27th-30th

Alboy97XJ

Nevada Raisins
NAXJA Member
We have the good group site already reserved for this! Me and Gordo have been pre running some new trails so stay tuned.
Working out some details but will update post soon.

Reno Run 2022 May 26th-30th

Hello All! Time to post the official Reno Run 2022 Thread!

Reno Run will be held from May 26th to 30th at the Davis Creek Camp Ground Group Site (the drive up good RV site, not the one where you huff and puff hiking up the hill from the parking lot!)

Thursday optional night run: Bud canyon like the old reno run days! (Northwest Reno)

Friday night: Prison Hill (Carson City)

Saturday: TBD

Sunday: Knucklebuster (Gardnerville)

Monday - Drive Home

Registration Cost: $70 per red name registration for the whole weekend, includes event t-shirt and meal Saturday at the Raffle.

Non red-name registration: $105 - you get all the same things, but we encourage you to become a red name member and pay the member price instead which means you'll be a member for SierraFest in August

Please post up if you're coming or email CJMike at: [email protected] - include your name, days you will be camping, number of adults, number of children under 18, desired shirt size, additional shirts, tanks or hoodies desired.

You must respond by Friday, April 30th! I will send you a paypal invoice to the email you send to me within 48 hours of your response, invoices must be paid by 11:59PM Sunday, May 2nd else your registration and apparel order will be cancelled!

This year we will also have a release of liability form for you to sign at the event, one per vehicle is required for insurance purposes, this is NOT optional!!!

Additional attire pricing:

Pre Order Prices:
Tank top - $18
T-Shirt - $20
Hoodie - $35

At the event Prices - some extras will be ordered but can't guarantee you'll get one as they will be sold on a first come, first served basis
Tank top - $20
T-Shirt - $25
Hoodie - $45

Please post up or email as well if you have any questions, looking forward to seeing you at the event!

Alan

Last edited:
If you are not a Red-Name (paying) member, wait to join or renew until March for the Membership Drive. It will get you entered into the NAXJA Raffle and help the Sierra Chapter bring home the big daddy prize again.

Dean and I are in! Looking forward to it.
Guess now it's time to work on Dean's shitbox again...

Dudes im stoked guys !

I am in.

I am also trying to get a few more people from work to go.

I am in and looking forward to it. This is always a great time and one of the highlights of my summer.
XL Tee

I hope I can make this one. It would be great to meet some local wheelers.

You've only lived there for what, three years now? LOL I dont even remember if we have met yet or if is been NAXJA only all these years. haha

I'm moving to Reno in the beginning of May... will be jeep-less but might be able to make it if someone has an extra seat.

You've only lived there for what, three years now? LOL I dont even remember if we have met yet or if is been NAXJA only all these years. haha

Only NAXJA. First year I had something else going on or I backed out. Father in law saw everyone at Spanish Springs. Now I’m going to be trying to do a front axle swap starting some time in March with zero experience doing front axle swaps. Should be fun. I could show up and walk everything I guess.

Getting closer. We have the tshirt design done if you havent seen that thread. Also working out the details in what trails we will have this year. Might change it up and do new trails in carson valley area Saturday instead.

If you havent already please message cjmike and get registered for reno run! Ill start posting about vendors asap!

"The list" so far of who is registered:

Chris Stancil
Skipper
Stephen Houlet (shirts only)
Ryan Shomsky
Gerald Smith
Robert Smit
Blondejon
AlboyXJ
Gordo
Me (cjmike)
Alan and Dean
Jennifer and Jeffrey (new to Reno area from AZ, welcome to the Sierra Chapter!!)

Updated list: For those who haven't provided shirt info yet, please let me know - email [email protected] for fastest response, else FB messenger or PM on NAXJA. Thank you!

Chris Stancil
Skipper
Stephen Houlet (shirts only)
Ryan Shomsky
Gerald Smith
Robert Smit
Blondejon
AlboyXJ
Gordo
Me (cjmike)
Alan and Dean
Jennifer and Jeffrey (new to Reno area from AZ, welcome to the Sierra Chapter!!)
Ron H
Aaron Rea
Josh Jensen
Jason Cooke
William Dolan

After 1.5 years of tinkering I just got my project moving under its own power... sounds like this would be good timing for a shake down trip

Mark me as tentative, I'll confirm with Mike in a couple weeks

After 1.5 years of tinkering I just got my project moving under its own power... sounds like this would be good timing for a shake down trip

Mark me as tentative, I'll confirm with Mike in a couple weeks

If you are in the LA area like your info mentions and the build is super fresh, I'd recommend some sort of preliminary shakedown prior to the event. Do Gorman or the Miller Jeep trail first, that way you can work out any bugs prior to driving all the way to Reno and potentially breaking on the first trail.

Back