• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

87 XJ/crawler WTS/WTT

911xj/tj

NAXJA Forum User
The thought has crossed my mind about selling or trading the Jeep for more of a daily driver. Dont really know what to ask for a price so ill start at $7,000 (YES I KNOW ITS A HIGH $$$$$) MAKE OFFER shoot me some offers or TRADES.
Fort Worth, TX [email protected] ......email for a quicker response plz
87 red Jeep Cherokee XJ auto
4.0l 139k
np 231
FRONT: 79 HP Ford Dana 44, 4.88, ARB, ARB cover, Nitro Chromoly shafts, CTM u joints, new ball joints, TNT truss, AGR hydro assist, disk brakes
REAR: Ford dana 60, 4.88, ARB, ARB cover, disk brakes
TIRE/WHEEL: 40" goodyear MTR, Humer H2 wheels, 1 run on tires.
gas tank raised. wheel base streched to about 5" about 7" lift, flipped XJ springs/with Rubicon Express, long arm Rock Krawler
front bumper "Logans Metal bumper" internal cage, started an exo not done yet
mis. armor/braces
Im sure im missing a few things......

THE BAD: electrical problems! no headlights, drain somewhere, needs new battery, Could use new wheel bearing in the front, front left needs a new wheel, needs a traction bar (have parts to build one)..uhh
last time it was out was this years megarun did well the whole weekend, with the exception of the night run (no lights)

plan was to drop in an LT1 this winter, but I just dont use it as much as Id like to.

FLAME AWAY.....................

IMAG0185.jpg

25798_548166654494_202304645_321230.jpg

megarun.jpg

if i had the money, i would buy it just because of your e-mail addy. good luck with the sale man!

Not for sure yet, waiting on a respone on a guy with a toyota. I will let yall know. Axles i was thinking 2300 with steering minus hydro assist

OK guys, I need to get the axles sold first, hopefully soon, so I can get this Toyota ive been looking at.

$2300 for the set with steering minus Hydro assit

$1700 for the Dana 44

tell your friends..........................................................................................................whole rig minus tires $4000 for Naxja

[email protected] for quicker response plz goes to my mobile

Last edited:
really dont feel like tearing it apart, had some trade deals fall through....so $4000

Just updated info on the Jeep.

The interior cage is a KIT which was bought online 1.5 erw tube. The exo we bent 1.5" erw. I had one slowwwww flop on the driver side, no damage

The front axle:

nee Yukon gears 1 weekend on them

used ARB bought from my buddy who who new, I know how it was used and not used..hah

new axle shafts 1 weekend

new ball joints 1 weekend

new axle seals 1 weekend, but the passenger side is leaking. I have spares

New TNT truss 1 weekend

Diff cover I bought new about 1year ago i think

CTM joints used bought from pirate4x4...have new spicer joints as spares

AGR steering from my buddy who bought new

Rear Axle

Most from my buddy who just went to a 14 bolt, he bought it all new about 1/2 years ago strictly trail use

I bought the spring/shock/disk brake mounts from Ruff Stuff

Cadi eldorado calipers

The tranny is stock 87 Jeep Cherokee runs fine

The t-case is stock from a Yj taken out of my friends 90 something Jeep

The tires a NEW 1 weekend on them. The wheels are hummer h2 wheels 1 wheel is bad. the spindle nut came loose and cause the wheel to wobble and wollow out the lug holes.

The driveshafts were lengthend and shortened by us not balanced, but no road use so i didnt care.

THE BAD>>>> ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS. No lights anywhere, electrical drain, ignition revs high when started I think it may be a vaccum, iac, or ignition switch...dunno. the fuel gauge does not work(wire broke loose on the pump itself)

the driver seat was an electrical seat which broke, so I rigged up a later year cherokee seat. If you found a manual 87 cherokee mount it would bolt right up.

Motor runs fine

most rear exhaust hanger broke from last wheeling trip.

IM SURE I LEFT SOMETHING OUT..but thats all I can think of right now. THIS IS A TRAIL RIG AND TRAILER QUEEN. NEVER SEEN PAVEMENT

I have spare stock front shafts

1 spare rear stock shaft

have all doors, dunno if they fit anymore..haha its been over 1 1/2 years

dana 61 housing set up for TJ rubicon express tri link just bare housing

Back