• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Calling on XJ Freedom owners:(anyone out there?)

Here's one on craigslist.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/2249089424.html

Looks like the built date is Feb, 2000. MDH of 020217

2000%20Jeep%20Cherokee%20202962

Ah, good call on searching CL, I didn't think there would be any good pictures of the door tag to read.

Typical dealer, slather armorall over everything, but don't actually clean up the interior.

Does that look like a NP231 transfer case to you guys? Can't see the 2wd part of it, but the spacing between the shift points looks like a 231 to me.

There are a few of us running the 60th Anniversary XJ's here. Last spring, 3 of us in Middle Tennessee had them. They only made about 6000 world wide. Around 2600 and change in silver and about 2300 and change in black.

Damnitt, why'd you have to tell me that? I know of one for sale in my area. It was priced a little more than I wanted to spend, but I do like having "rare" things..

Oh man I love this quote from that craigslist add:

"straight 6 with a lot less moving parts and cheaper to maintain vs the V6's"

WTF? where do they come up with this stuff?:roflmao:

AHAHA.

Yeah, it looks like a 231.

It's got a nice little crease in the rear passenger quarter panel.

From everything I read, the "freedom" package wasn't anything special from the factory, it was the dealers that slapped a few things on them to move the vehicles off the lot since the vehicle was at the end of its life. That is why many of them are SE packages, take a base vehicle, slap some nice rims on it, add a nice logo and bam, you have a "special edition" vehicle.

From everything I read, the "freedom" package wasn't anything special from the factory, it was the dealers that slapped a few things on them to move the vehicles off the lot since the vehicle was at the end of its life. That is why many of them are SE packages, take a base vehicle, slap some nice rims on it, add a nice logo and bam, you have a "special edition" vehicle.

This is incorrect.

While all Freedoms have the "SE Appearance Package" they came from the factory with the 16" Wheels and the "Freedom" sticker.

While it may be easy to suspect that the freedom was just a dealer optioned SE there are several things to note on why this is not the case.

1: Jeep Built the Freedom, Not Dealers.
2: The Freedom is based on the Sport, not the SE.
3: There are Jeep part numbers for everything Freedom specific.

Your insurance will think a freedom is a sport.

Jeep will think its a sport with the exception of the Freedom specific things.

A Freedom Build Sheet from Jeep will indicate that it is a Freedom/Sport, Not an SE.

So there ya go, now anytime you see anyone else with incorrect info you can point em here.

AHAHA.

Yeah, it looks like a 231.

It's got a nice little crease in the rear passenger quarter panel.

And its dirty, and its missing the antenna, and its way overpriced.

Probably gave someone $1500 on a trade it, then they armor-alled up the engine bay and tires, and now are gonna try and rip someone a new a-hole on the sale.

Don't get me wrong, if I could get $5500 for a Jeep like that I would, difference is I would actually clean it out and fix some of those things it needs.

I've have one I bought new in 2000 and bought another a few years back for a parts vehicle but fixed it instead........meet "big bro" and "little sis"
IMG_0379_zps6bvsh5yi.jpg

Back