• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

lift gate?

arkansasduck

NAXJA Forum User
can someone PLEASE tell me how to remove my lift gate? i know that the torks head screws need to come off but is there a plug that needs to be unpluged? and any hints or tricks that may make this task easy please tell thanks.

Raise the gate,pull the interior panel at the rear of the headliner off then pull the interior panel from the gate, locate the electrical harness plug to the top left [held in w/2 screws], unscrew then unplug the harness, mine had 3 different plugs mounted to the same harness and all had to be unhooked differently. Unhook the rubber washer hose from the wiper, cut the tape holding the hose to the plastic clips and fish hose through lift gate. A sharp small straight screw driver will fit behind the clips that hold the bottom of the the lift shocks. Pry the clips back, but leave shocks attached. Locate the 6 bolts holding the gate to the roof, 3 on each side. Pull the two closest to you from each side, then find something to prop the rear edge of the lift gate up, I used a shop broom. This last part is best used with an air rachet, so you can make sure the gate does'nt fall on your head, hold one hand on the gate and use the other to unscrew the remaining two bolts. After removing all of the bolts and hopefully your lift gate hasn't fallen on and smashed your noggin, remove the lift shocks by pulling from the bottom. They should easily remove once the clips are popped. Hope this helps.

Back