• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 Pt. tractor/long arms

LandCruizzer

NAXJA Forum User
I was at the tractor supply store the other day and saw some control rms that they use for 3 point hitches. THey come in variable lenths and with 1" I.D. hiem joints. I thinking I could put a bushing in there and use them to make a long arm kit... anyone ever tired that? They are real heavy duty and are pretty cheap. Any thoughts

Yeah I'd like to know too? Then I could get rid of my RK junk!

P.S. Don't PM me asking if you can by my RK junk, it was a joke!

Last edited:
The joints are junk from what I have read. No prior experience so take that with a grain of salt.---------Kyle

A couple of friends did it, the joints are junk and don't last long. Both ended up making new arms out of something else.

Yeah the joints are pretty beefy and not as smooth as others... I'm gonna have to put grease fittings on them so maybe they would last longer... Gonna try them out this weekend if I can get some bushings for them. I'll keep ya posted...

Any other people tried them out let me know

IIRC, Macgyver down in IN tried them a few years ago, and took them off after a pretty short period.

Way too sloppy for this application.

LandCruizzer said:
Yeah the joints are pretty beefy and not as smooth as others... I'm gonna have to put grease fittings on them so maybe they would last longer... Gonna try them out this weekend if I can get some bushings for them. I'll keep ya posted...

Any other people tried them out let me know

Have a look a the back of a typical farm tractor, the joints are almost always sloppy as hell. I would never want them under my Jeep. I would save that money for a real solution.

ChiXJeff said:
IIRC, Macgyver down in IN tried them a few years ago, and took them off after a pretty short period.

Way too sloppy for this application.

JUNK!

Spend your money elsewhere...

I still have my old ones from several years ago when i tried to use them...

They are worn out...

went bad so fast...when i would hit the brakes the front axle would move all over the place...

the 3in jcwhitney lift was a waaaaaaaaay better experiment

mac 'was a cool experiment at the time tho' gyvr

Back