• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tractor Arms

XJeeper05

NAXJA Forum User
With a little fabbing on the joints to make them wide enough, could I use the arms from Tractor Supply company as my lowers? I have heard of this being done, I have never seen it though. THanks.

you can...they are easily adjusted without having to remove one end...

however, the joints wear out really fast and they make a lot of noise on the road...

i daily drove tractor control arms for nearly a year without any major failures...they were cheap lower adjustible arms at the time...

i have pictures somewhere in the file...

until i went to long arms i carried one as a spare...

mac 'purebread hillbilly engineering' gyvr

Ditto what Matt said. They work, but not well over time. The joints can't take the pounding they get on a suspension link and will wear out quickly. I've never run them, but two friends of mine have. They ended up changing them out for heim joints.

They will work but they're not bullet proof for lower arms.

28brokenLCA01.jpg

29brokenLCA02.jpg

They are cheap for a reason... If you look at the build of the joint compared with a heim or JJ than you'll see why. The joints are sloppy the threaded body's are sloppy & they are made of the cheapest steel they could find. I work with these things day in & day out & would never ever put something like this on any rig. Do it right the first time.

Matt

Back