• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thoughts on under hood temps 2001 xj

PavementPrincess

NAXJA Forum User
So obviously I’ve got a 2001 xj with the precats under be hood. I’ve seen all the fixes for heat soak like vents,raising the hood, extra fans, e fan toggle. Has anybody tried the catalytic converter heat shields? I’ll add a pic to the post. It’s not a full wrap so it wouldn’t hold moisture I don’t think. Or what about ceramic coating the precats on the outside. I’m not having issues I’m just curious if I could lower under hood temps a bit. What are your guys thoughts. I’ve got the dei kit and it solves my issues but it still gets hot as hell and I’d like to lower temps a bit
38ac280038d3dc4290eaf163546d6958.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I tried various wraps and insulators and such. Not those exact same ones, but similar. I found it just resulted in more material to hold heat. Hood vents lowered my underhood temps and resolved my heatsoak.

Ultimately though, I pulled the cats and replaced my ECU with a 2000 federal emissions ECU. Way better.

Back