• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Travel Yoke?

BLUTO

NAXJA Forum User
I was surfin' thru Rusty's catalogue and found a product called "long travel yoke". He states its for people who don't want to spend the $$$ on a SYE and sells for $59. OK...if it was such a great mod, I'd see it in everyones sig. But, what is it? And what year vehicles does it work on?
Just curious,
BLUTO :)

It's a longer slip yoke for your rear driveshaft. I believe they are about .5 - .75" longer than the stock slipyoke. Might help get rid of vibes on small lifts but on taller lifts it wont help anything. You can also get the yoke off of a YJ, it's the same thing.

As mentioned many times before around here, this should be called a "High Clearance" yoke. Looking at the picture, you can see a significant increase in clearance.Increase in length amounts to about 5/16" by my measurements. YMMV

Jeep_yoke.JPG

Does the slip area itself have more travel than the stock XJ SY? Hard to tell in the pic.

The slip area has about the same 5/16" additional as the overall length. The real advantage of this yoke is if your driveshaft angle is high enough that the stock yoke binds up when the axle is drooped, this has a more open throat that allows a lot more deflection before it binds up.

..wondering if this would be an option also for a NP 228 transfer case that I currently have opened up and working on now.I am considering on increaseing the lift just a few more inches(..inchitis..? ) to 4-4.5* and am worried about some anticipated bad road vibes

This yoke will not do "ANYTHING" for vibes,only "binding" and "length".

RCP Phx said:
This yoke will not do "ANYTHING" for vibes,only "binding" and "length".

Correct.

TOZOVR said:
So then a stock slip yoke that is pulled out off the output splines of the tcase wont vibrate? Sure it will, this yoke would put the slip back where it should be 'stock' and cure that type of vibe. Will it cure obnoxious driveline angles & ujoint misalignment? No that's what double cardans are for. :D

Thats not vibes,thats binding of the splines."Driveshaft" vibes are oscillations caused by mis-alignments or phase imbalance,harmonics, or imbalance.What you said isnt incorrect,its just addressing the wrong "root" cause!

Back