• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Epoxy Flooring

I work for a commercial flooring company now since civil engineering is in the dump. We do a commercial Quartz epoxy floor called DexOTex that would hold up to anything you could throw at it. Unfortunately it is about $6.00 Per square foot. I'm trying to stockpile enough extra material to do my garage. The hard part will be getting the garage clean.

I work for a commercial flooring company now since civil engineering is in the dump. We do a commercial Quartz epoxy floor called DexOTex that would hold up to anything you could throw at it. Unfortunately it is about $6.00 Per square foot. I'm trying to stockpile enough extra material to do my garage. The hard part will be getting the garage clean.

Shit for that you can do a sheet metal coating. I will set you up with a roll of 22ga lol

Mike,

As for what mixture to use...; spend the extra money and get the heavy duty mixture from PacPoly. We used the EXTRA HEAVY DUTY mixture and had the floor shot peened and chemically cleaned....
Have to agree with the others.... PREPARATION IS EVERYTHING.....
Granted... the work environment we have at work is far worse than the normal Jeep fabrication and repairs..., but you get what you pay for....

That's it, I give up. I found a company who take THREE days doing it. The first day is for prep work, filling any cracks, degreasing, etc. Next day for two coats of epoxy, and the third day they seal/clear it. Not cheap compared to doing it yourself, not cheap by any means. But relatively cheap for the effort their going to put into it. Now I don't have to worry about it. Resale value baby, resale value :D. The've been in busines since 99, and comes with a 10 Year Warranty on Installation and Labor and Lifetime Warranty on Products from Manufacturer. I don't write them a dime until I'm happy with it.

Anywho, thanks for all your input!

Not cheap compared to doing it yourself, not cheap by any means..... I don't have to worry about it. Resale value baby, resale value :D.

Yeah if you dont use your garage... IE; heavy floor jack, welder, drag anything on it thats over like 50lbs, etc...

If you want it to look good and you are show piecing the garage your good to go, but Dont expect to use your garage like some of us do and have Any coating retain any value after a half dozen fab jobs or heavy use. thats why its more then worth it to do the 150$ job that rakes youe abotu 3 hours total to finish.

That's it, I give up. I found a company who take THREE days doing it. The first day is for prep work, filling any cracks, degreasing, etc. Next day for two coats of epoxy, and the third day they seal/clear it. Not cheap compared to doing it yourself, not cheap by any means. But relatively cheap for the effort their going to put into it. Now I don't have to worry about it. Resale value baby, resale value :D. The've been in busines since 99, and comes with a 10 Year Warranty on Installation and Labor and Lifetime Warranty on Products from Manufacturer. I don't write them a dime until I'm happy with it.

Anywho, thanks for all your input!

How much did it cost?

well, I probably won't be dragging 14 bolts across it, my jeep doesn't even fit in the garage anyway. The fab work will be on the side of the house where the RV parking is. Probably going to get a cover for it, and just concrete stain it.

It's more then a grand, but not by too much.

so i want to start a new thread on the same question?

True, this is an old thread, however it was a logical and appropriate place to start. I inagine that you have tried searching the "Tools and Garages sub-forum; you found this thread.I would suggest you post your question there.

"Tools and Garages" LINK

Back