• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need some advice on a lift

jbaker318

NAXJA Forum User
Bought a 2001 xj limited. Guy said it had a Zone 3" lift. Its got adjustable upper and lower control arms in the front. Adjustable track arm and drop pitman. Quick disconnects. Extra long braided hoses. But the springs look stock. With a 2" large puck on top.
The rear is 8.25 Chrysler with rear disc. Same extra long braided hoses. But stock shackles. Springs definitely look beefier but has 3" blocks on the back. Im not sure what he has done. But I'm looking to go 4.5". Lift. What should I do. Just buy the coils in the front. And new leaf springs and shackles in the back. Is there anyway I can measure my coils to see what they are.
I'm sure this has been covered before but totally new to the xj scene. Would post a pic but not that familiar yet on how.
Thank you

rVbu66h.jpg

Fn2VLFV.jpg

Here are a couple pics. 31's. On it

Here is a picture of my XJ when it had a 3" Zone lift and 31's. You can compare its lift amount to my Bronco which has a 3"suspension and 2" body on 35's . 3" of lift doesn't really look that much, especially with stock flairs.
d4bc4d3414b2eb326dc62834e1ca0fb8-full.jpg

Last edited:
Coil spring spacers are OK, leaf spring lift blocks are not. 6.5 inches of lift is really a lot of lift, and certainly not necessary to run 33's.

Spend what it takes to lift it right, Buy once, cry once is always true.

Last edited:
I totally agree with you. I'm not a fan of Blocks at all. I have been looking at just putting in RE 4.5" Coil Springs and the matching 4.5" rear leaf springs. or jumping to the 5.5 ones since I already have the adjustable upper and lower arms. Adjustable trackbar pitman arm. The previous owner did tell me he insalled SYE kit and driveshaft also which i had already noticed. His intention was going to 6.5 also but life plans changed and he sold it to me

So thats where i am at. I def want to get rid of the blocks So should i get the 4.5 front and back or jump to the 5.5 coils and leafs since i have the rest of the parts. I am going to get the RC drop arm kits. for the front and possible the rear shackle relocation kit .

Thanks for all the suggestions and help

Coil spring spacers are OK, leaf spring lift blocks are not. 6.5 inches of lift is really a lot of lift, and certainly not necessary to run 33's.

Spend what it take to lift it right, Buy once, cry once is always true.

4.5" of lift and some trimming will fit 33's. You have to choose what lift will fit your needs and budget. My 2000 has 5.5" of lift using coil spacers and control arm drop brackets in front and a longer rear shackles on an RE 3.5" lift. I have not found this set-up to be any hindrance on the 4x4 trails. There are other more capable options such as long arms, but all my stuff is already paid for, and it works.

standard.jpg

Last edited:
Back