• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tera 2 Low kit with a wide chain

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
Got started today and was doing good till I realized the sycro hub has needle bearings in it. Got that done and mainshaft re-assembled, the new fork pads installed, the new selector shaft installed along with the shifter rail. Now it's time to clean up the covers to get ready to re-install.
P1080572_zpsianes5pe.jpg

P1080573_zpslrzwimtw.jpg

P1080574_zpsao8265n0.jpg

P1080575_zps8x4koppv.jpg

I forgot a pic of the kit parts.......
P1080571_zps8lokkxsf.jpg

I started cleaning today, it's got a good crust from leaking the past 10yrs. I'm soaking it tonight and will finish tomorrow while still waiting on some seals.
P1080576_zpshkmsiqe1.jpg

I just finished my install tonight. Got it backed out of the garage and test drove it and went through the gears. I still need to work on adjusting the Boostwerks shifter linkage but I believe I am going to like this modification.

Did you do both the 2 low and the chain? My day was 1 step forward 2 back, plus most of the parts were the wrong ones. I was hoping to get it done this weekend ! :sad1:

I got the seal in the tail cone and studded the rear cover last night. I'm waiting for my replacement studs for the front half case as we speak!
P1080578_zpsasrzapme.jpg

I stud everything that I can, there's way to many benefits. I did receive my order and got the front case done and will start tomorrow after the Loctite's cured!

I got most everything done today, the studs made it easy!
P1080579_zpsmzxsecww.jpg

P1080580_zpsngwdzaqd.jpg

Like I said, I don't like leaks...

Mains...
P1080505_zpsi9r9vgut.jpg

Oil pan...
P1080513_zpskwcz0l2l.jpg

Valve train...
P1080515_zpsy6cfykns.jpg

P1080520_zpsjbqdlveo.jpg

and the trans...
20180604_162928_zps1bp30wvo.jpg

Did you do both the 2 low and the chain? My day was 1 step forward 2 back, plus most of the parts were the wrong ones. I was hoping to get it done this weekend ! :sad1:

I did the 2 Low and installed all new bearings and seals along with a new stock chain.

This thing rocks, drove around about 1 hour today and only needed to go to 4 low once to get over a hill. Think it will really come in handy since most of the time I run 2 Hi on most trails if its dry out. I shifts from 4 Low to 2 Low and unlocks the front locker in a second after shifting for those tight turns.

I just returned from a 1000 mile trip, with approx 450 miles being off-road and I was in 4WD very little. Installing a Tera 2Low when I rebuilt my t-case a few years ago was a good decision.

RCP Phx,

Looking good! Is that another stroker build for the second jeep or pictures from the previous build? Have any specs on all the studs? All from ARP? Keep up the good work and tech!

RCP Phx,

Looking good! Is that another stroker build for the second jeep or pictures from the previous build? Have any specs on all the studs? All from ARP? Keep up the good work and tech!

If it's available it's from ARP, the rest are grade 10.9 stainless.

Did you use studs for the T-case halves? Or all thread cut down, double nutted to install and bottomed out in the holes? Hard to tell from the pics as I dont see a clear thread relief.

Those are 2" studs that were set to depth with a set tool.

I finally received the star washer that they sent the wrong one. Anyway it's in and I will fill the xf case tomorrow. I did get both diffs done so they're ready to go, just got to lube up the driveshafts and install them.

Back