• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

planning a work party at my shop thinking 3/16/13 and 3/17/13

SPECFab

NAXJA Forum User
if any one wants to hang out and get their rig on the lift for a good once over or have a project they want to get done post up. have the lift open all day and tire machine and balancer if you want to swap tires (bring weights if you need them balanced) and fab tools for small metal projects shop is in Kalama Wa.for those that don't know where we are at let me know if you are interested

if any one wants to hang out and get their rig on the lift for a good once over or have a project they want to get done post up. have the lift open all day and tire machine and balancer if you want to swap tires (bring weights if you need them balanced) and fab tools for small metal projects shop is in Kalama Wa.for those that don't know where we are at let me know if you are interested

Will you be taking donations, like pizza & drink?

I'll go, but only if Mnkyboy brings a trunk full of warm Gameday.

Ive got some left for you.
20130119_192350_zpsedde51ee.jpg

tire machine and balancer huh....

iv been thinking about spin balancing the bead-lock wheels i have and using weld as wight to make sure the wheels are true before putting the tires on......

we would just have to spinn the wheel with no tire to see if it picks it up might have to throw a balanced car tire on the wheel but that is easy to do

I have a set of wheels and tires waiting to be mounted and balanced. A few other small jobs to do too. I will check and see if I can get away that weekend.

we would just have to spinn the wheel with no tire to see if it picks it up might have to throw a balanced car tire on the wheel but that is easy to do

I don't quite understand that statement?

How do you install a balanced tire on an unbalanced wheel? How do you balance a tire with out a wheel?

Things may have changed since I worked in the tire industry, It has been quite some time.

Dave

tire machine and balancer huh....

iv been thinking about spin balancing the bead-lock wheels i have and using weld as wight to make sure the wheels are true before putting the tires on......

I heard biodegradable airsoft bb's work great!!:gee:

well dave if you look at all new cars made since the 80s they have a dot on the rim and a dot on the tire that is marking the heavy spot on the wheel and the light spot on the tire after checking the balance before mounting them it has been done for years and my dynamic balancer sometimes has a hard time balancing just a wheel so you take a tire you know is close to balanced and mount it on your wheel and spin balance it that way to get the wheels close to zero before putting the mud tire on and also some tire and wheel companies that sell mounted and balanced combos do tire and wheel matching also hope that helps you understand

Makes since, I never knew of the dot on the wheel. I always aligned the paint dot on the tire 180* from the valve stem hole. But like I said its been 15 maybe 20 years since I've had to do any real tire work. In fact, I still balance my junk with a micro precision bubble balancer and strong arm the tires on.

ya i used to do it that way then i got a 10/10 machine and now i got all new ranger tire equipment. soooo much easier it will mount and balance up to 42" tires

Back