• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Brake Booster Upgrade.

Phil

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I've been putting off upgrading my brake booster ('94 single diaphram) because it seems like a lot of work.

Now there's a run coming up so I'm going to pull apart my braking system and work on something I've never worked on before.

It looks like for the WJ booster, I need to buy one, pound up a pinch seam, bend and flare some brake lines, and bleed the system.

I should have a new in box WJ master cylinder and brake booster Friday afternoon, so I'll work on junk Saturday morning until probably 2:00 or so (have something to go to) and Sunday.

If you feel like coming to West Sac, I can give you my address. Then you can learn about the swap on someone else's junk.

If I get frustrated and start to cry, I'll probably work on something else instead. You can still come hang out.

Last edited:
I might be around your neck of the woods. PM you contact info and I will prob stop by on Saturday and help run a few lines.

If you need a booster from J&W I could save you the trip, they are down the street from me.

Starboard M said:
I did a write up about doing that same swap onto my 89, if you need help.

I used car-part.com to find the booster.

link?

Going to work on junk again tomorrow.

Source Tube and Hose in Concord set me up with the fittings I need and I was feeling lazy so I had him go ahead and put them on hard lines with flares. Need to install the hard lines, bleed everything, diff oil, mudflaps, and a touch of paint if it's not ungodly cold.

Back