• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Block Washing Beats

egon

Dunlop Slayer
NAXJA Member
My apologies and thanks to the Chemical Brothers, the dibutylbadshit doesn't seem to be working. I need sound advise.

So, I have this small engine block (Yanmar 2GM20F) and I need to clean the water jacket. I had it hot tanked and the oiled areas cleaned up great. Water jacket, not so much.

Does anyone know a place in the NYC metro area that can do ultra-sonic cleaning of engine parts? I want to clean the pistons as well.

Thanks.

--Matt

I'd suggest talking to Gamble Motor Parts in Middlesex on Lincoln Blvd, 732-356-0219. I haven't been by there in years but we used to get large gearbox housings cleaned there, always came back nice but I don't know what processes they have. They do all the rebuilds for Foley Cat off of 287.

Is it just scale you're trying to knock off that the hot tank didn't dissolve?

I'd suggest talking to Gamble Motor Parts in Middlesex on Lincoln Blvd, 732-356-0219. I haven't been by there in years but we used to get large gearbox housings cleaned there, always came back nice but I don't know what processes they have. They do all the rebuilds for Foley Cat off of 287.

Is it just scale you're trying to knock off that the hot tank didn't dissolve?

Thanks Chris, I'll give them a call.

Mostly scale I hope. The block is 35 years old and who knows if good coolant was always used and how often it was changed.

--Matt

Chris, no dice, they don't do ultrasonic cleaning.

The search continues.

I have a small pump an may try to set up an hot solution of CLR and circulate that thru the water jacket.

--Matt

Back