• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Regrets...Earlier cruise control advice

MarkdaleXJ

NAXJA Forum User
In an earlier post I gave advice on how to interperet and adjust the controls on the cruise box used in a large # of XJs. I thought about it for a while and felt that I should post this message to say...DON'T DO IT , unless you have experience with speed control systems or are working with a new kit and experienced supervision. These things can kill you or someone else if not installed/adjusted correctly.

As I stated in the other thread, I have installed more of those systems in a wider range of different vehicles than I would care to think about (yes, it goes back soooo far) and have seen simple mistakes made made, yes even by "pros" that banged up cars and/or hurt people so don't mess with your cruise control...take it to a shop that installs/services them. There, I feel clean now!

yea, then you should probably edit your other message as well then.

for searching purposes, and so you dont have someones death on your hands

dakotus said:
yea, then you should probably edit your other message as well then.

for searching purposes, and so you dont have someones death on your hands

Too late to edit but, yes, I did post a link to this thread...and lighten up. I suppose it's one of those "Now kids, don't try this at home" kind of things.
As for the advice I gave one particular member, the adjustment I suggested would make his cruise control a little slower on the uptake allowing a sag in mph on hills like a human driver tends to do...not "afterburners on" like going the other way might do. In any case my best message would be not to touch it...ok?

Im fine brother. Just suggesting you use cation thats all. Some kids will try anything, despite the exact advice you gave. They might juice up the adjustment to the other end.

:wave:

Back