• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ebay pocket fender flares

CastorTroy

NAXJA Forum User
Anybody have any experience with any of the ebay pocket fender flares? I'm sure the Napier flares are better, but $500 for some plastic isn't in the budget right now.

I know this doesn't answer your question, but why not try TJ flares instead of spending all that money? I used TJ Rubicon flares for the front & standard ones in the rear. They require some cutting of the flares (and fenders of course) but that's not hard to do. You get far more tire coverage than stock and keep a stock look. Bought them used, modified them & painted to match my Limited.

I'm running 33s, front trimmed & cut/fold in the rear.

nowm.jpg

frontkn.jpg

I just sold a set of eBay China knock-off Bushwacker pocket flares that came (never installed) with a Jeep I recently purchased. For $100 bucks they we're not that bad, but definitely not BW. I have real BW on my CJ5 and they have a rolled lip under the flare that helps keep the shape. The eBay flares don't. This could be a plus as they may flex when leaned up against something as opposed to cracking (which I have cracked a couple BW flares). This could also be bad because they might completely loose their shape.
Other than that they also didn't come pre-drilled, but that's not much of an issue.

Back