• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Goliath Off Road Track bar

AJ_learns_XJs

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone have experience with Goliath Offroad's XJ track bar?

My rig is a mild family rig with 3 inch lift (hope on go 4 inch in the near future) but want to stay on 31's. My front axle is shifted a little to the driver's side so figured a new track bar is in order. I dont wheel hard so I am fine with a tie rod instead of a double shear set up. I know Rusty's makes one similar but theirs is tubing and weights 8 lbs and this one from Goliath is solid DOM and weights 12lbs. Does that mean it should be stronger??? Any thoughts or experiences from anyone?

I would just go with something good now and not ever have to worry about it again. Most double shear set-ups also "drop" the tracbar for better steering angles.

I would just go with something good now and not ever have to worry about it again. Most double shear set-ups also "drop" the tracbar for better steering angles.

I was thinking that too but I would want to weld on the double shear bracket but still need to add frame stuffiners which is a year or two out. I have Ironman 4x4's steering brace so they track bar set up with brace vroom the passenger side looks amazing but 3 or 4 times the money.

That's another reason,I've been running the RE set-up w/ stiffener for 17yrs now.
https://www.quadratec.com/products/16311_604_07.htm?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4Lrp5tfI3QIVFIh-Ch30RwK7EAQYASABEgL6lPD_BwE
20180604_162943_zpsarowulto.jpg

20180604_162933_zpsphoq1jo9.jpg

I was thinking that too but I would want to weld on the double shear bracket but still need to add frame stuffiners which is a year or two out.

A double shear bracket that is bolted on will still be better than the factory bracket that is bolted on. There is nothing that says you can't bolt it on now and then weld it on later.

With enough fabrication effort just about anything could be made to fit...

I would ask Dallas if he has gone anywhere with his brace design. If you look at his track bar bracket you can see that it is drilled to accept a brace: http://www.stinkyfab.com/sfr-heavy-duty-xj-mj-zj-track-bar-bracket/

Buried in a thread somewhere he mentioned this item. I don't see it on his site, so I expect it hasn't reached the point of being a final product. His design would probably be a better starting point than the RE design. Even better if you can get just the components from SFR and weld it up so that it fits your rig.

Hey Naxja

I finally got around to installing my Core 4x4 bracket and stage 4 track bar. This thing is massive and cured my bump steer and now my axle is centered under my XJ.

Core doesn't make a bracket brace and since I have Ironman4x4's steering brace, I opted for his track bar brace. If you are wondering why I didn't get the whole Ironman set up it is because I wanted Johnny Joints on both ends of my track bar and the reverse thread and Barnes4x4 end seemed proprietary and could difficult to get replacement parts for later.

Link for brace:
https://www.ironman4x4fab.com/product-page/xj-trakc-bar-cross-brace

The brace has two holes at the track bar bracket side. Of course none of the holes in the Core bracket line up. But the last hole on the brace is only 1/4 of an inch off. I'm thinking if I oval that hole I can use the bolt holding the track bar to the bracket to also hold the brace.

Anyone think that would be a bad idea? The Rubicon Express brace mounts up high using different bolts but I would think bracing towards the bottom of the bracket would be more beneficial since that is where the leverage is coming from.

watching U tube vids of the death wobble it looks like everything is flexing adding to the problem. Even the motormounts seem to add to the problem
IMHO the more braces the better

I can't quite visualize this.

Swing by the house and I will take a look at it.

Back