• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The dreaded "will these wheels and tires fit'

halmca

NAXJA Forum User
'98 XJ, 2" cheapie lift. I have come by a set of new JK 5X5 wheels and tires. 17". Aside from the necessary 4.5/5 to 5/5 adaptors, can I mount on my otherwise stock XJ.

I don't know what this means, but I like it: :flamemad:

What size tires? And what is the backspace on the rims?

My cousin just got some 265/70/17 tires from 4wheelonline. There is a bit of rubbing on the LCAs at full turn according to him. His rig has 1.25" spacers.

I run the same size tire 265/70/17 but I have a 4 1/2 inch lift . I would run a smaller tire maybe a 245/70/17 and you should not rub to easy .

I have the same size tires on a 4.5" lift. I have WJ Big Brakes. I am using the WJ Hub Bearings. So, no spacer on the front. I have a Ford 8.8 on the rear and spacer/adapters. I plan to install some Yukon axles and use the 5on5 BC. I am looking to adapt WJ rear brake setup.
The WJ Hub bearing is very close to the 00-01 XJ Hub bearing in height. It might work in place of the XJ's. Then possibly Slot or redrill a set of 00-01 XJ rotors.

'98 XJ, 2" cheapie lift. I have come by a set of new JK 5X5 wheels and tires. 17". Aside from the necessary 4.5/5 to 5/5 adaptors, can I mount on my otherwise stock XJ.

I don't know what this means, but I like it: :flamemad:

Yes, you sure can.

I have been using the JK take offs for several years with no problem. I use 2 inch spacers instead the 1.5 inch tat most uses.

OP you can run 40s with enough fender trim and bumpstop

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back