• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

17"x9" wheels Fitment

I did check the backspacing at 6 inches. Also 9 inch width. The Dana 30 should be 60.5. So, add 3 twice, 66.5. Then minus 9, 57.5. I come up with 1460.5. So 10mm to spare, or no room for spacers. The Ford 8.8 is 58.5 width. So, 1409.7, 60.3 to spare or 2.375. Not much to get a spacer/adapter in there. Could check around though. Also, check any rules for spacers. Some States in the US do not allow them. As before I am planning to use Yukon Axles. It has a 5on5 option bolt circle. I have a plan to upgrade the rear to WJ brakes.

Last edited:
Thanks Patrick for your help and information,

XJ / TJ

WMS to WMS is 60" (1524mm)
Track Width is 58" ( 1473.2mm)

I take it that the wheels are 17" x 9"

Can you please advise:

* The ET Off Set figure Stamped on the back of the Wheels?
* The Size of Tires used, are they 265 x 17 75?

Thanks for your help I have had a real problems in finding out this information to upgrade from 15 inch wheels to bigger wheels 17,18,19 inch x 9 inch with standard suspension with no lift.

It is important that I find out this information before investing in a new set of wheels and tires..

After the Jeep had passed the Annual ITV/MOT Test for the last 2 years at the same Test Center with the same Wheels and Tires this year they failed the Jeep not to be used on the Roads until the Jeep met the the New EU Regulations that the JEEP XJ Center Tire to Center Tire measurement cannot be more than 58 inches ( 1473 mm ) or less.

Thanks again for your help in getting me going in the right direction to get the Jeep back on the Road.

If anyone else has fitted larger wheels and tires to their Jeep XJ 2000 model with standard suspension and with No Lift and No big wheel Poke please shout out!!!

Thanks,
Ray.

I did check the backspacing at 6 inches. Also 9 inch width. The Dana 30 should be 60.5. So, add 3 twice, 66.5. Then minus 9, 57.5. I come up with 1460.5. So 10mm to spare, or no room for spacers. The Ford 8.8 is 58.5 width. So, 1409.7, 60.3 to spare or 2.375. Not much to get a spacer/adapter in there. Could check around though. Also, check any rules for spacers. Some States in the US do not allow them. As before I am planning to use Yukon Axles. It has a 5on5 option bolt circle. I have a plan to upgrade the rear to WJ brakes.

Hi,75SV1,

Great news on the 1409.5 measurement, thanks, brill.

Are you able to see the + or - OFF SET size " ET " Number stamped on the inside of the back of the Wheel Rim, or would the Sales Company know the size from your order?

Thanks for your help, Crazyray48

Hi,75SV1,

Great news on the 1409.5 measurement, thanks, brill.

Are you able to see the + or - OFF SET size " ET " Number stamped on the inside of the back of the Wheel Rim, or would the Sales Company know the size from your order?

Thanks for your help, Crazyray48

Mine are Stock WJ or JK rims. I did look in the inside. It listed as 17X7. And an offset of 4445. I do not know what the 4445 is. It could be 44.45. I tried to convert it, but ??? I have a Jeep Meeting to go to this Weekend. I'll try and look further at the rims. Still, it is the stock WJ rims. Probably info out there on the Web.

https://www.wheel-size.com/size/jeep/wrangler/2007/
Don't know if this helps.

Last edited:
OK, I checked the specs on the wheels. As in the link I posted, 17x7.5 with a offset of 44.45 (1.75"). So, 2 X 1.75 + 60.5 - 7.5 = 56.5 (1435.1 mm). So, 35 mm to spare, about 1.375. So, space adapters are out.
So, now you are at either WJ Big Brake with the WJ bearing hub for the front. For the rear as I am planning is to use Yukon axle shafts and use the 5x5 holes. Then try and adapt WJ rear brakes.
I could also see using the WJ bearing hubs and '00-01 XJ rotors and have them drilled for a 5 on 5 pattern. Then have the rear axle shaft redrilled for 5 on 5. Then have the drums redrilled for 5 on 5. Haven't done this so good luck.

Back