• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

stumped

RICH2481

NAXJA Forum User
I pulled the kick panel ( passenger side) on my 2wd 94 grand cherokee laredo looking for the inertial switch since one day I was driving and the next morning nothing.

All I have behind the kick panel ( on the side ) is a large connector with a bunch of wires, am I missing something? My Jag has it right in the passenger side door next to the dash, very simple to find,

thanks for any help in advance, this Jeep has been sitting two months and I am ready to pull gas tank, since no gas is at the fuel rail

Rich

um, maybe hes talking about the inertia switch. i dont know where it is in a grand cherokee, but its a switch that senses when you've gotten in an accident, measures G forces or something like that. if you bonk it hard enough, itll make the engine cut out, which is a good thing if you get into a really bad crash.

On the 97+ XJ's they moved them from under the seat to under the center console, had a recall on them in fact to do this...

well the only thing under my passenger seat is a connector which has a brother under the driver seat and I figure must be a wire harness for electric seats,

I guess I will have to have it towed to the shop and let them find it

Back