• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Any brand recommendations on a replacement oil pan?

RCP Phx

NAXJA Forum User
As the title states.......

Thanks Mark, I just need a good clean one that I can weld on and I don't want to be down long.

doesnt matter which u buy honestly...
Just don't do what I did.
I bought one where the oil drain plug came stripped and I didnt check it til it was installed and I removed it to drain the oil.......
Its been a nightmare since.
Check the darn oil threads are not ruined....

doesnt matter which u buy honestly...
Just don't do what I did.
I bought one where the oil drain plug came stripped and I didnt check it til it was installed and I removed it to drain the oil.......
Its been a nightmare since.
Check the darn oil threads are not ruined....

What brand did you buy? I didn't think about ordering a drain plug!

My oil pan will be here tomorrow, I went ahead (although they're pricey) and bought a genuine Mopar pan to eliminate any issues of fit-up.

What's the purpose of welding the pan on?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Kinda odd for an engine that's known to last 300 to 400k miles with regular maintenance

What makes you think your engine is oil starved?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

All engines see their most wear at start-up and with a 10k stroker you kind of want to protect that(plus there is the thought of a Turbo which requires after-oiling).

Forgive my ignorance on this pre and post oiling subject, but I have yet to see a big rig turbo with an after oiler on it? Whats the necessity?

Big rigs let their turbo's cool down by letting them idle for along time while car drivers tend to just shut it off.

I know this would be redundant in this particular application (seeing as how he's already got the oil pump going in), but wouldn't an after run coolant pump be better for a turbo?

It's the same installation, only the electrics change.

Back