• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

BTF crossover steering bracket......for d30/d44

rockwerks

NAXJA Forum User
anyone try one of these or know of someone?

Dana%2030%20Crossover%20Bracket.jpg

BTF Cross-Over Steering Bracket for Dana 30/44 Knuckle
[BTF11100]
The "BTF Cross-Over Steering Bracket for Dana 30/44 Knuckle" was designed about 3 years ago for a custom spring-over we were doing here at Blue Torch.

This bracket bolts to the passenger side steering knuckle in 5 places. It allows you to raise the drag-link above the leaf spring in a sprung-over YJ to minimize bump-steer. It also allows you to raise the drag-link to the top of the kn
$149.99

price is good, any thoughts?

Define "crossover" ? Over the knuckle steering can be done without this bracket. The folks I know that are using a variation of the one BTF sells noticed a decrease in turning radius, FWIW.

Ream the knuckles from above or a GoFerIt insert would net the same results.

XJEEPER said:
Define "crossover" ? Over the knuckle steering can be done without this bracket. The folks I know that are using a variation of the one BTF sells noticed a decrease in turning radius, FWIW.

Ream the knuckles from above or a GoFerIt insert would net the same results.

that should not be possible unless the bracket is binding on the drag link or tie rod. this bracket moves the steering up several inches, like high steer arms do. s your tierod is knuckle over and the drag link is several inches above that.

crossover steering the drag link is not attached to the tie rod in any fashion

MORE includes a relocation bracket to raise the drag link over the leaf spring. It's for YJs only, but I had a buddy fab one based off of it for his XJ.

01.jpg

Gaius said:
MORE includes a relocation bracket to raise the drag link over the leaf spring. It's for YJs only, but I had a buddy fab one based off of it for his XJ.

01.jpg

didnt find it on the site. the BTF is designed for tj/yj 30/44 application

so it should fit an xj without issue

I have something similar to the MORE bracket pictured, but I am not sure who made it. It uses 7/8" ends, attaches to two of the hub bolts, the reamed stock TRE mount, and has three bolts that go into drilled and tapped holes in the knuckle.

steering.JPG

It has worked fine for me so far. On my setup, the rod end over the knuckle that the bracket bolts over won't fit under factory 15" rims. But my rod end uses high misalignment spacers that raise it quite a bit.

Travis

rockwerks said:
that should not be possible unless the bracket is binding on the drag link or tie rod. this bracket moves the steering up several inches, like high steer arms do. s your tierod is knuckle over and the drag link is several inches above that.

crossover steering the drag link is not attached to the tie rod in any fashion

Brian, note VARIATION....not being able to see how the picture of the part you posted is installed, it could or could not effect the turning radius. Binding wasn't the issue, the new bracket shortened the draglink throw.

Last edited:
Back