• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

C4x4 double tube guards and RE drop brackets

MN-Cherokee

NAXJA Forum User
I just ordered a set of C4x4 double tube rocker guards. I was searching through posts looking for information on if they would interfere with my RE drop brackets. A few of the posts I found said that they will, and people had to modify the rails to fit. Although I never found out what they did to make them fit.

frtmt.jpg

I found this picture from Off-Road.com. It shows the C4x4 rails front mount. It does not look like it will interfere with the drop brackets. Considering the rails mount to the side and the DB mount to the bottom of the "frame" rail. Am I missing something?

Can someone who has both setups maybe chime in a tell me what the deal is?
Thanks,

Brian

Call the guys at C4x4 and they'll modify it for you if you ask them to. Just shoot them a picture of your set up and they will modify accordingly. I am running a full traction set up and they are going to modify the mount for mine as well.

Sorry, go ahead and blast away.......but THAT has to be the
absolute crappiest connection system I've seen to date........
100% pinch-lip dependent.

Sorry, but...............................................lol.

Detour said:

Huh? I've seen these things mounted, and they screw to both the pinch seam and the frame rails as well as the rear spring hanger. In fact, that photo was originally posted here along with the writeup of the installation - and he specifically mentions them attaching to all three.

It looks like C4X4 changed the design of the bracket in question. On mine, there was an "L" bracket that interfered with the drop bracket brace. I had to cut off the piece that went under the rail.

So it looks like you'll be fine.

Detour said:

Sorry, but...............................................lol.

Wow, classy!

MN-Cherokee said:
frtmt.jpg

I found this picture from Off-Road.com. It shows the C4x4 rails front mount. It does not look like it will interfere with the drop brackets. Considering the rails mount to the side and the DB mount to the bottom of the "frame" rail. Am I missing something?
Hmmm - I wonder what the interference is from? Nothing stands out to me...
re_db_brace.jpg

Yucca-Man said:
Hmmm - I wonder what the interference is from? Nothing stands out to me...

As I said above, C4X4 has changed the design of the mount. The old design (like mine) has an L-bracket that goes under the rail. And it does interfere...I had to cut my bracket.

The mount shown in the picture is the new design, which will not interfere with the DB braces.

Back