• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sandblasting

bigalpha

Anyone have anything sandblasted recently?

I need to get a bumper and hitch sandblasted to remove rust and corrosion so I can repaint before it goes on the MJ. How much should something like that cost?

Is sandblasting going overboard?

yeah, i'd rub them hoes down with wd40 and a brillo pad for a little while, rattle can 'em, and call it powder coat to anyone who asks. that's how ya save money. trust me, you'll need it for other parts.:D

If you truely want to get rid of all the rust, sandblasting (or any type of media blasting) is the best way to accomplish that.

I don't have any idea what it costs to strip stuff.

If you have a compressor you could use a die grinder with a steel brush. Might be easier than the brillo pad but cheaper than sand blasting.

Yeah, I don't have a compressor or anything. I thought about making a big electrolysis system and dunk the whole thing in it, but that would take way too long and use so much electricity.

I want it to look good before I go and put it on. Don't want to worry about it later so I want to do it right the first time.

I know a guy that actually gets stuffed baked at a powercoater's facility. No harsh chemicals to eat the metal. Just bakes the paint and any other foreign material right off. Wouldn't thing it would be for rust removal but just wanted to put it out there as a cool paint, and body filler removal technique.

ive got a sandblasting cabinet and a portable sandblaster.... the cabinet is about a 2.5'x2'.... i use it all the time on wheels and small stuff.

but as mentioned before i would just use an angle grinder and wire wheel

I have one of the $70 HF type sandblasters. Used in several times and really liked the results. I don't know what it would cost to have it done though. Was this meant to be a "local" Where you get stuff sand blasted and how much it cost thread? If not you should move it to the paint and body section me thinks! :twak: :conceited

Yeah, 2.5' is a little too short to fit my bumper in. Too bad though. :D

Of course it's meant to be local -- what good would it do me to know how much this service costs in Washington? :eyes:

Yeah, 2.5' is a little too short to fit my bumper in. Too bad though. :D

Of course it's meant to be local -- what good would it do me to know how much this service costs in Washington? :eyes:

Well you did not ask that! :twak:

Reading comprehension owns you :compwork:

No you did not ask for local info! You asked what it should cost. Nothing in your original post to even imply you are asking for local info! :banghead:

Except for the fact it's in the SEC forum and not in the national forum. It's implied that I want to know about local prices.

Thanks for playing.

Except for the fact it's in the SEC forum and not in the national forum. It's implied that I want to know about local prices.

Thanks for playing.

You WIN!!!!!

Nope, just the satisfaction knowing you won. Isn't that enough?

Thanks for playing.

You guys have obvously not had to deal with the same people I have had to deal with. It's always about winning with you and not about correct info it seems. :rolleyes:

Sorry, my fault for assuming you'd infer I wanted local information since I posted in the SEC forum.

I'll try to make my next question more specific. :lecture:

Back