• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

April Run Staging

SandySteve

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
"The time has come" the Walrus said, to speak of many things".
"Of ships and sails and sealing wax of cabbages and kings,"
And whether Ryan's XJ is done by April 25, and when we do a run to southern Idaho.
The time to be is April 25, 2015 from the early feedback.
If you disagree, post up now.

Otherwise, it is time to dust off the rig, put some oil in the engine, make sure the family can live without you for a few hours, or bring them along, and come out for the April run. It may be snow, it may be hot and sunny. It will be fun. Dogs are also welcome, if they are well-behaved. If not, we have targets. ;-)
SandySteve,
IC NAXJA Secretary-Treasurer :lecture:

I asked at the beginning if April 25 was the best weekend and so far I have not heard otherwise. So, is it April 25?
Who, other than myself, D-Schmidt, Jeff, and hopefully Dr. Moab is going?

I'd like to go. Not sure if I'll have a rig though, and I'm not so sure the UTV would be a good fit for this run.

Jared:patriot:

Depending on funds after returning from the mojave road/free Andy run. I may be in.

Well, I would...but I am playing a show in Vernal that night. Rockstar life, man. :) But, if we change it to Vernal, I'll drive the Jeep and ai am there!

Im out, Mason's Jr Prom is this Saturday and I'm helping out with their day date and shooting pics for their group.

That leaves myself and two others for sure (D-Schmidt, XJ91 Limited). Possibles are Ryan (Dr Moab), Jared, Derek (JMaxJ), and wheelinscott. Does anyone know the area? I don't. If I end up leading, I need to know so I can start planning a route. Also, prepare for rain according to the forecast. Finally, does anyone have a good location in Logan or thereabouts for a meeting place, say around 9:00 AM?

All: I just talked with Ryan (DRMOAB) and he is iffy for this trip. Furthermore, with the weather, we want to modify it so that the rain and mud won't cause any disasters. So, we are thinking about meeting in Brigham City or Corinne and then driving to the Golden Spike Historic Site. From there, we will go to the Spiral Jetty, and afterwards if anyone wants to continue we will travel to Locomotive Springs. The roads out that way are pretty much gravel so the water won't make them totally impassible, just muddy enough to impress your neighbors that you were 4-wheeling.

Get back to me with any concerns and I will post up the exact meeting place and time shortly.

From Corinne, Golden Spike is approximately 20 miles, the Spiral Jetty is approximately 10 miles, and Locomotive Springs is approximately 20 miles.

Even though it will probably rain, I hope to see all of you out there. This is a relatively short run, you can show the children some history at the Golden Spike site, and you can get some wheeling in, particularly if DSchmidt shows us a couple of side roads. Ryan says he hunts rabbits out that way, so...

For Saturday, how about meeting at the Flying J at I-15 exit 360, which is also the Willard Bay State Park exit. That gives everyone a chance for gasoline and snacks. Try for 9:00 AM meeting at the south side of the Flying J lot? Look for a gray primer and US Forest Service Green 96 XJ. Then 8 miles of I-15 to the Corinne exit (Rte 83, I think) and continue on the run as above.

To confirm, 9:00 AM at the Flying J Exit 360 off I-15, also the Willard Bay State Park exit. I hope to see a good turnout. It has been since January for the last run when we played around in the mountains north of Delle with Ryan (Dr. Moab) leading.

Not sure of this golden spike historic site. Most of my rabbit hunting is done in Delle and Grouse Creek area. All though we have found that out by gunnison there are lots of rabbits and pot guts. So many pot guts.

I will also post up some pictures after I remember how to process them through Photobucket so each one is not 6+ megapixels. If you are wondering about Drew's "hitchiker", think "I've Been Workin' on the Railroad."

Back