• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AF Canyon run June 21st

Jerry.Allen

XJ newbie
AF Canyon run who's in??
I'm hoping to have a good turn out like we did last year!
Thinking we run mineral basin and????

AF Canyon run who's in??
I'm hoping to have a good turn out like we did last year!
Thinking we run mineral basin and????

How about Mineral Basin and going over the top into Heber and getting a shake.

We were thinking of camping that weekend. Maybe I'll drag the trailer up and find a place to camp overnight.

I'm 50/50 right now... I HAVE to get the bathroom and kitchen ready for drywall and I'm still a ways off. Also, I haven't had any time to replace my water pump, fan clutch and tighten my front joints. I'll be kicking myself if I miss this run though...

If It wasn't race weekend I'd so be there. Haven't been up AF in a couple yrs.

So I was looking into the trail that takes you over to Midway. Is that trail Snake Creek trail/drive? I have looked at the American Fork Canyon map and Google maps trying to find it. From what I have found it is trail FR085 and it looks twice as long as Mineral Basin. Wondering if we just wanted to take just this Snake Creek trail instead if both Mineral Basin and thus one. Also, for those that have gone up and over into Midway, is that trail more or less difficult than Mineral Basin? My .02 thanks

So I was up there today and FYI the stream that used to be the road is off limits, no sign on the south east side but there is a sign on the northwest side. I didn't go up MB just to the boulder at the pttsburg lake trailhead.

So I was up there today and FYI the stream that used to be the road is off limits, no sign on the south east side but there is a sign on the northwest side. I didn't go up MB just to the boulder at the pttsburg lake trailhead.

So does that mean Mineral Basin is closed or is there a by pass to the closed section? Thanks for the heads up.

From the few people I have spoke to its been closed for a couple yrs, and people keep tearing the signs out. So I'm going to guess perm. I tried calling Cheryl with the forest service for clarification on it today but had to leave a message. Hoping she calls back so I can get an answer. That's a neat little stretch during runoff.

Back