• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

IC Xmas party, Sat. Dec. 7th, Black Bear Diner!

I did nothing! but that did sound weird
I hung with jerry and his wife at the summer BBQ and would feel bad if my wife got stuck with no one to talk to and us guys talking jeep all dinner

We're going to have to cancel this. The roads are getting scary and each of the BOD members is out with health issues. Sorry, everyone!

Not a problem and I hope everyone gets well soon!!
See everyone next week at providence!!

Well crap, guess I'll have black bear without y'all since Im here.

They don't worry me, I've actually made a game of scaring the paranoid idiots that can't drive. Kinda fun

You scare'em off the road & I was stopping to help pull people back on the road :} (bored & I heard the wait for a wrecker was 2+ hrs) at least I was until until one paranoid old witch acted like I was a serial killer then called 911 to report I had stopped to offer assistance & she was "scared"... Couldn't believe it when a couple miles down the road UHP pulled me over to "justify" why I'd stopped

Re: Re: IC Xmas party, Sat. Dec. 7th, Black Bear Diner!

You scare'em off the road & I was stopping to help pull people back on the road :} (bored & I heard the wait for a wrecker was 2+ hrs) at least I was until until one paranoid old witch acted like I was a serial killer then called 911 to report I had stopped to offer assistance & she was "scared"... Couldn't believe it when a couple miles down the road UHP pulled me over to "justify" why I'd stopped

That's exactly why I stopped helping people, the same thing happened to me about 4 yrs ago. After that I decided I'm just gonna smile and wave at people stuck cause they can't drive.

But isn't it a sad state of affairs when helping someone means some attorney might try to sue you, so no one ever helps anyone else out?!?

My solutions to all the idiot attorneys & frivolous lawsuits: If you sue someone for ANYTHING, and you loose, you and your attorney EACH pay the defendant in the suit what ever amount you were suing for!!! Overnight all the attorneys taking any and every crazy case on contingency hoping for a quick settlement would disappear!! Likewise, the quick buck, Oops I spilled coffee in my lap, because I'm an idiot, now give me a million dollars for my own stupidity folks would figure out that trying to get money for nothing more than their own stupidity is counter-productive!!!

I won't help people like that. Too much of a liability. It's just painting a target on your head for a lawsuit.

Back