• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

June 15th - AF Canyon Run

Had a great time. Now my door is out of alignment:D
Thanks to everyone for making an awesome trip.

Had blast today with GREAT people! Can't wait to do it again! Thanks for the info on my ARB XJeeper!!

I also had a great time. I'll post the photo link as soon as I can under trip reports. The carnage is unknown, as I scraped both differentials too darn many times, but at least the Heep made it home without any major complaints. Now, I have to fix the right side mirror which was broken on the March 5-mile pass run. It fell off today and I duct-taped in place. That was in Alpine before I even made it to Tibble Parking Lot.

Had an AWESOME time yesterday! Sorry we turned around halfway up Forest Lake. Nicole and junior had been shaken enough for one day and it was a bad call on my part to try to do both trails. I wish we could have said a proper good bye to everyone, but I trust Steve passed our good byes on well. We passed out soon after we got home.

I'm proud of Nicole piloting our rig all the way up Mineral Basin. She did a great job and I want to give everyone a huge thanks for helping spot her. She told me to be sure to pay my membership fee once we get some extra money.

I will be pricing out a new coil tomorrow. That was just embarrassing dying on the trail.

Overall we made some great new friends and we look forward to see everyone at the next event.

Fwiw, my noise is a shattered rotor.

You were on the right track when you said the noise was happening at wheel speed. Glad it wasn't anything in the diff.

Had an AWESOME time yesterday! Sorry we turned around halfway up Forest Lake. Nicole and junior had been shaken enough for one day and it was a bad call on my part to try to do both trails. I wish we could have said a proper good bye to everyone, but I trust Steve passed our good byes on well. We passed out soon after we got home.

I'm proud of Nicole piloting our rig all the way up Mineral Basin. She did a great job and I want to give everyone a huge thanks for helping spot her. She told me to be sure to pay my membership fee once we get some extra money.

I will be pricing out a new coil tomorrow. That was just embarrassing dying on the trail.

Overall we made some great new friends and we look forward to see everyone at the next event.

Steve did pass on your farewell.

It's good to hear you weren't banned from off-roading when you got home. Jessiane hated it when she was pregnant. She said it felt like the baby was slamming into her organs evertime we hit a bump.

Don't be embarrassed about the coil. Funny thing about going with us is when someone breaks down, the rest of us are just glad it wasn't us. :D

Well now I'm not so sure. The crack ended up being a big gouge out of the rotor. I'm not sure it could cause the noise I was hearing. I will put a rotor on it and see if it quits.

Well now I'm not so sure. The crack ended up being a big gouge out of the rotor. I'm not sure it could cause the noise I was hearing. I will put a rotor on it and see if it quits.

I'm sure you've got a few spare rotors kicking around. That's one benefit of having a XJ only parts yard. :D

Back