• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The Dunes

Jared

NAXJA Forum User
This is the month.

I'm going to throw out 2/18 (Monday, President's Day) and 2/23 (Saturday) as possible dates.

Please discuss.

Jared:patriot:

Since this is not getting much discussion, I also go for the 23rd. Maybe I won't lose a "walkie-talkie", have my Heep overheat and vapor lock repeatedly and have the serpentine belt tear the first two ribs off after going over an unseen drop into an ATV trail and just about upending on the other side. But, what the hey... Coury and I had a good time.
ISRAEL -You in for it? I'll also try to send an PM, but you and Derek may still be nonexistent in my search.

FYI - Guys on RME are saying that Little Sahara has about 6" of snow currently. Could put a big damper on the fun factor unless we have a couple of very warm weeks ahead.

Snow+dunes=funner than the sand :D plus I'm thinking of taking the scenic route back from there so snow would make that fun too.

I rarely use my lockers in the sand, wheel speed is your friend. If my Jeep had another 200 HP to offset the added friction that sand creates, a locker would come in handy at times.

February 23rd, should we plan on meeting at the gas station in bustling downtown Eureka like last year? Or go directly to the Little Sahara entrance station? What's a good time for everyone?

Don't forget your flag, too.

Israel, would it be a good idea to post this in the general threads/discussions so more people see it and can't claim that "I didn't know?"

Friends that were down there over the weekend said the dunes are covered in snow.

If it's old snow, you can always go up the sunny side where it's melted and come down the snowy side, but with this storm on Wednesday and again on Saturday, we may need to cancel or postpone a few weeks.

If it's old snow, you can always go up the sunny side where it's melted and come down the snowy side, but with this storm on Wednesday and again on Saturday, we may need to cancel or postpone a few weeks.

This is tomorrow. What's the plan, o' fearless leader? I think I'm most likely out, as I just bought a piece of crap Durango yesterday and need to work on it.

So is this going to get rescheduled? I've never been to the dunes (with the XJ) and really want to try it out. Would like to go with a group though and at least someone who's been...

Large open spaces can be scary ... :eyes:

Unless there is an overwhelming demand to reschedule, probably not. Feel free to plan a trip of your own and post it in the staging area. I'm sure others will want to go with you.

Im down for a dune run but XJ's perform best in the sand when it is wet/frozen, like early spring. My rig is down for at least a month with the multiple projects I have underway, so a dune run for me this spring is out.

Back