• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

J.R., Kevin, Ben, Matt, Rob anyone else semi local or passing through going to the crawl. Looking to have the NAXJA trailer towed to the event and then most likely back to my place.

PM me if someone can make this happen.

i would never run inverted T again (tie rod roll sucks). i threw a b. lee's kit on the wifes XJ. its ok. id run the currie kit if i could.

i would never run inverted T again (tie rod roll sucks). i threw a b. lee's kit on the wifes XJ. its ok. id run the currie kit if i could.
Did you ever try one of those spacers ruff stuff sells to fix it? I've read that moog TREs have a thick rubber bushing to reduce tie rod roll

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

Did you ever try one of those spacers ruff stuff sells to fix it? I've read that moog TREs have a thick rubber bushing to reduce tie rod roll

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk

they came out with that after i ditched the 30, so no. i used JCR's "solution" and would replace it about every 6 months.

This if you want bolt on, WJ swap is the way to go if you aren’t balling on a tight budget and want it done right with a brake upgrade too.

I did this on that green TJ, its not exactly bolt on since you will most likely have to change the trackbar mount on the axle. This is a pretty bad ass upgrade though.

I did this on that green TJ, its not exactly bolt on since you will most likely have to change the trackbar mount on the axle. This is a pretty bad ass upgrade though.

I meant “this” with the stinky fab and Ironman bolt on stuff.

The WJ stuff as a better alternative. It’s not bolt on but it’s the way to go.

So heading to Attica tomorrow and is first time towing jeep:

Looks good but cross your front straps too.

Will do.

Exactly like this ^
So don't do that

Any advice?

Just use 1 chain and throw it through the windows. It will be fine.

I kinda like my jeep to be straight. I have done that with scrap vehicles.

Here's the way I see it. Ask 100 people how they strap their rigs, get 100 different answers. I like to run mine straight, 2 per axle, and I also put one strap on each bumper. Check them every time you stop for gas. Just my .02

So I bought some more straps(wow not cheap) and put one on front bumper and two on rear bumper. Any more advice? I am gonna tow it to Attica in the am. I kinda like my jeep and don't wanna trash it on a tow trip.

If that jeep moves you have bigger problems.
So heading to Attica tomorrow and is first time towing jeep:

Will do.

Any advice?

I kinda like my jeep to be straight. I have done that with scrap vehicles.

So I bought some more straps(wow not cheap) and put one on front bumper and two on rear bumper. Any more advice? I am gonna tow it to Attica in the am. I kinda like my jeep and don't wanna trash it on a tow trip.

I don’t like tying down by the bumpers because the suspension doesn’t work any more, makes the trailer ride harsher.

Make sure you have at least one full rap on the ratchet before you tighten down so the straps don’t loosen.

I’m not an expert and don’t claim to be.

wow...

I'm with craig, if you lose that...well...

Hobag is right also, make sure there's a wrap of strap on the ratchet...

mac 'still with 4 straps...' gyvr

Been hauling my rigs for 10 yrs one strap on front on strap on back. Passed over axles on each end. hobag is right. No need to strap the body as the suspension still works on the trailer and will slack straps after time. Plus rides worse. Let the suspensions work as long as drivetrain is solid you are good.

Best advice is you always stop faster than you accelerate. That’s my only advice. If you have any trouble on the road you know where my place is.

Last edited:
You gotta do two straps on each axle...

mac 'everything else is overkill' gyvr

Back