• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dana 30 - 30 spline shafts

ocean_jet

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Dana 30 with 30 spline, alloy shafts. (I bought the axle with the shafts already installed).

I am interested in getting a set of trail spare axle shafts, but don't want to spend the money for a set of spare alloys.

I figured the Rubi 44, stock 30 spline shafts would work. I went and looked at a set and compared them to the shafts out of my axle. The drivers side (short one) were pretty much exactly the same size, but the long ones were about 1/4 inch different.

The Rubi 44 shaft was about 1/4 inch shorter than the alloy D30 shaft. From the yoke down, everything lines up the same... just the spline section of the Rubi 44 shafts are about 1/4 inch shorter. It would definately fit, but is it ok that the splines are 1/4 shorter?

Does anyone know if there is a stock vehicle that would have 30 spline shafts that would work in a Dana 30?

Thanks

That would probably work as a spare. Thats the closest to any "stock" shaft that will work. Anything else is going to require shorterning and resplining a dana 44 shaft.

Sounds like a good idea. I am in the same boat as you, and can't be spending $500 on spares right now.

From reading the dimensions from alloy usa i came up with the rubicon drivers side shaft being .125" longer, and the pass side is just under .5" shorter. Post up if you end up doing this, and how it works out.

Back